TC Practice June 17th

Noeller

Neufeld is following the easiest path to a nice pay cheque and being vastly overrated as a football player. Be a Canadian, play a few games without being an unmitigated disaster, get injured, profit financially and in how people view your abilities.

Boy, you really don't like that guy.

That same statement could be made for a number of NI players throughout their careers.

I'm not saying I agree, and I'm pretty sure I'll get flamed for even passing it along, but I saw something on Twitter the other day where Steve Morley was saying "...When he's healthy, Patrick Neufeld is one of the best OL in the entire league, period..." 

So...there's something to be said for having the respect of your peers....

I'm not saying I agree, and I'm pretty sure I'll get flamed for even passing it along, but I saw something on Twitter the other day where Steve Morley was saying "...When he's healthy, Patrick Neufeld is one of the best OL in the entire league, period..." 

I agree with that statement.  When he's healthy Neufeld is great.  Problem is he's had nothing but injuries since he came here.  I don't know what the answer is with him, but what if we trade him, as someone mentioned, then all of a sudden he's healthy again.  We'd be kicking ourselves.  So do you take the chance or just keep him?

Absolutely one of the top 50 players on the OL in the CFL. 

Neufeld is following the easiest path to a nice pay cheque and being vastly overrated as a football player. Be a Canadian, play a few games without being an unmitigated disaster, get injured, profit financially and in how people view your abilities.

Boy, you really don't like that guy.

That same statement could be made for a number of NI players throughout their careers.

Yep, applies to a lot of guys, and speaks to the desperation to find NI's.

I'd love it if Neufeld became a fixture here, but IMO he'd be in tough whether he's healthy (relative because he's already had a leg snapped) or not.  I haven't seen anything that warrants the "if he were only healthy he'd be a stud OL for us" talk.