CAL @ TOR

Zontar

A few things:

Calgary secondary played a nice mix man and zone...had Collaros confused out there. Quite the change from Ray, who was literally slicing them up.

On the play where Ray got hurt, he didn't see a receiver wide open on a quick slant...after that he was in trouble...could have been a big gain instead of a big injury

Calgary OL does an excellent job run blocking...no matter who the starting RB is.

Toronto front 4 got man-handled on most drives. Made some stops...but mostly Glenn had all day to throw and the running attack gained yards.

When TO called a QB draw (2 or 3 times), Collaros didn't even look downfield...could've gotten killed out there...

Argo fans sitting in the same section...actually think Barker will trade Ray and then protect Collaros in the expansion draft. I didn't laugh...but I sure wanted to.

T.O. didn't seem to have a run game other than Collaros...

Leaving aside some of those non-calls, Toronto was out of this game when R Ray went down...no doubt about it.

It seems the back up QB didn't get enough reps and wasn't ready to face this team when the 1st string QB went down.smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

He was 16 for 26 tonight... and 21 for 25 against BC...   

I know Mack is gone and it hurts... but no reason to just make things up...

Now look who's looking for things that aren't there.

Your reference to all things Mack is weird because my post had nothing to do with him...at all.

Take another look...it's a Buck playing reference. You know Buck gets the reps, backup QB invariably has to go in, is not ready, looks unprepared.

Are you getting the drift now?

As for making things up?

Collaros looked good against BC didn't he? They had a great game plan and even when things broke down, Collaros was able to scramble and get it done. All in good game preparation.

This game Collaros was thrown in after Ray went down, probably with little game prep. He looked no where near the same. Sure, he was able to hook up on some throws, and his scrambling was still there, but if you're telling me didn't play more like a rookie this game, you're off.

I've got nothing against Collaros, he might even be pretty good.

Too soon to say for me.

But my post was strictly a comment of what usually happens to us with back ups thrown in and in this case, it happened to Toronto.

smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

So...my buddy and I ran into Lapo 3 times in Toronto. Once on the street, twice at the airport. "Mr. Lapolice are you stalking us?" Also saw him talking to Buck right across from us at the departure gate.  Decided to leave the poor guy alone...already...only to discover he was on our flight...

Besides Lapolice, Bob Irving was on our flight, as were Paul Wiecek, Kirk Penton, Clarence Denmark and Terrence Edwards. They were NOT used to being recognized in Toronto.

For what it's worth, Bob flew exec, Lapo flew economy. (TSN vs. CJOB?  Hmmmm...) 

Cool CFL weekend.

Besides Lapolice, Bob Irving was on our flight, as were Paul Wiecek, Kirk Penton, Clarence Denmark and Terrence Edwards. They were NOT used to being recognized in Toronto.

Terrence Edwards and Clarence Denmark but not the rest of the team?

Indeed, we were some of the first passengers to board, would've been pretty hard to miss the rest of the team.

Indeed, we were some of the first passengers to board, would've been pretty hard to miss the rest of the team.

I wonder if they missed the team flight. And the reason I asked is some people will travel on the same flight as the but only mention a couple of players. Should have know you wouldn't be one of those but it seemed weird they travelled separately.

I wonder if they missed the team flight. And the reason I asked is some people will travel on the same flight as the but only mention a couple of players. Should have know you wouldn't be one of those but it seemed weird they travelled separately.

It's more like they were on an earlier flight. Buck for one was still in the airport when our flight was boarding.  Both of our flights to and from Toronto were completely full. I suspect the team have had to do some shuffling.