Game 76: Blackhawks @ Jets

IC Khari

Like i said before, I'd take 6 Tobys over 6 buffs any day. Yeah D men that produce points is nice but... D men who play D first and concentrate on D first help you way more.

It's a tough decision with Buff, It really is. He's at that age where it might make sense to move on from him, Honestly i think these last 6 games are very important to guys like Little,Ladd,Wheeler,Toby,Buff,Slater,Thorburn, Pav,  not gonna call them the Atlanta core but that's pretty much what they are. Next game is very important, let's see what happens. Do they come out and prove they belong or do they fold under pressure like they have for 4 seasons almost now. It's gonna be interesting to watch. Hoping for a big big win tomorrow night, but part of me thinks that the team is gonna come out and crap the bed. 

I cant really agree with that.... you need a mix of both. Most if not all teams that win Cups have a mix.

Like ive said before...  It took the Hawks 8 years to build a contender it took LA 8 years also. It took Pitts 6. We are in year 4.

I dont know whats going to happen with Buff or Ladd. If i had to guess...  I think both stay.

We aren't re-building really, to re-build means you get rid of the older core, that's why toronto's rebuild don't start until they move on from kessel and or phaneuf even, There was no rebuild going on here, they were restocking the depth shelves but in order to rebuild, guys like Lad,Buff,Wheeler,Little, Toby,Slater,etc would all have to be long gone by now.

I don't get this year 4 stuff, it's not year 4, it's year 4 of the Jets but for the most part, this core group of players outside of Scheif,Trouba,Lowry,Myers and the rentals like Stafford,Frolik even and Stempniak, have been together for 5 even 6 years now.

To re-build means you have to get rid of what you had before, we didn't, we just tried to add to it and for 3 4 seasons now, they have been close but not close enough. EVENTUALLY, if this keeps going, you do have to re-build and that means building around the younger guys like the scheifs,troubas,lowrys,myers etc. 

You know, there are only 3 guys the Jets have drafted that are on this roster right now? 

Scheif,Lowry,Trouba. 

That's it, That's not a re-build, that's just the team had no depth when they came here and now they kind of do. 

We aren't re-building really, to re-build means you get rid of the older core, that's why toronto's rebuild don't start until they move on from kessel and or phaneuf even, There was no rebuild going on here, they were restocking the depth shelves but in order to rebuild, guys like Lad,Buff,Wheeler,Little, Toby,Slater,etc would all have to be long gone by now.

I don't get this year 4 stuff, it's not year 4, it's year 4 of the Jets but for the most part, this core group of players outside of Scheif,Trouba,Lowry,Myers and the rentals like Stafford,Frolik even and Stempniak, have been together for 5 even 6 years now.

To re-build means you have to get rid of what you had before, we didn't, we just tried to add to it and for 3 4 seasons now, they have been close but not close enough. EVENTUALLY, if this keeps going, you do have to re-build and that means building around the younger guys like the scheifs,troubas,lowrys,myers etc. 

You know, there are only 3 guys the Jets have drafted that are on this roster right now? 

Scheif,Lowry,Trouba. 

That's it, That's not a re-build, that's just the team had no depth when they came here and now they kind of do. 

I said build...  not re build.

From day 1 it was said that it would take 5 years to build the team to a playoff team.

Holy over-analyzing batman.

We have three solid offensive RHD under contract for next season and three stay-at-home LHD under contract.  Its all good.

Probably heading into next season with three strong lines - something we have never had.

Looks like the five year plan to me - if the wheels fall off next season, then we can debate trades, etc... way too early now.