Tickets for potential Jets playoff games won't be cheap

When you’ve made the post-season once in your 16-year existence, discussing the playoffs before you’ve actually qualified is like talking about a shutout late in the third period or a no-hitter in the eighth inning.

You don’t. Messing with the sporting gods is a no-win game.

So, while the Winnipeg Jets won’t discuss life after the regular season until the team is officially in, it is giving season-ticket holders until Friday to lock up their seats for the playoffs. The Jets are currently sitting in the second wildcard spot in the Western Conference but have several teams breathing down their necks.

But it’s not going to be cheap. One P1 seat will cost $831.90 in the first round, $970.55 in the second, $1,109.20 in the third and $1,663.80 in the Stanley Cup finals. (All prices are based on the Jets hosting four games per round, which, given the team’s current standing, is highly unlikely.) If a P1 ticketholder went to 16 home playoff games, it would cost $4,575.45.

A P7 seat, meanwhile, will cost $250.50 for the first round, $292.25 for the second, $334.00 for the third and $501.00 for the finals. Attending 16 home playoff games would cost $1,377.75 in P7.

Fans aren’t required to make any payments by Friday, just make an online confirmation, which can be done at winnipegjets.com. Seats that aren’t reserved will be released.

***The media never gets tired of complaining about things.  People will pay so why complain.  Thats basically $60 per game for the entire first round in P7.  I'd pay that.

And as a half season ticket holder (not sharing tickets, my own account, just 20 games instead of all 41) I likely won't even get playoff tickets this year. Half-seasoners alternate between the home opener and first right of refusal for playoff tix, every season.

WE BETTER MAKE IT NEXT YEAR... too.

Yeah I'm on the "won't make playoffs" wagon tonight.

Sadly me too.  We're not winning crucial games while every other team above and below us are on a tear.  We're not playing badly, far from it for the most part.  I think we peaked too soon while the Wild, Kings, and maybe the Sharks are still rising.  Still have hope though.  Going to the final game (Calgary) in April.  Be nice if it actually meant something.

It's looking more and more like it'll be Wpg, LA & Cgy fighting for the last spot. 2 should get in, barring a collapse. 1 will miss. SJ hasn't done anything over the last few weeks to indicate they're really in the run, and Minny sure looks locked as the 1st WC.

Should be a hell of a finish. Go get a W in FLA and it's a lot easier to put last night behind us.

Lol. Bandwagon fans

I must have missed where people jumped off the bandwagon.

"I hope true north hasn't written any cheques with all that playoff money. Jets need a miracle to get in now. They basically have to play well above what they've shown all year. No reason for that to happen.

Looking forward to doubling our odds of seeing playoffs hockey next season. Go moose."