Which GM will be most active in FA?

BigBlue

Hopefully can get 3 or 4 of those.

Yes, 3 or 4 of the targeted players would be nice, but that doesn't mean he won't fill in with roster players if the 1st choices aren't available.

Still could end up with upwards of 5 or 6.

"Targeting" 5 or 6 guys may very well mean multiple players for the same position, not 5 or 6 signings.

ie - He's targeting Bryant and Rogers, and wants to get one, Curran and Peters, wants to get one, Sinopoli/Watt/Guigerre, wants to get one.  Because as a good GM, he will have a fallback plan.

Hopefully can get 3 or 4 of those.

Yes, 3 or 4 of the targeted players would be nice, but that doesn't mean he won't fill in with roster players if the 1st choices aren't available.

Still could end up with upwards of 5 or 6.

"Targeting" 5 or 6 guys may very well mean multiple players for the same position, not 5 or 6 signings.

ie - He's targeting Bryant and Rogers, and wants to get one, Curran and Peters, wants to get one, Sinopoli/Watt/Guigerre, wants to get one.  Because as a good GM, he will have a fallback plan.

Right.

And along those lines, if he doesn't get Bryant, but gets Rogers, he likely saves a nice chunk of money.

If that happens a couple of times, it may be enough to get you a Sam Hurl or another 2nd tier/fall back guy they have their eye on.

Target 5 guys, all 1st tier targets, and get 4 or 5 = success.

Target 5 guys, all 1st tier targets, and get 3 or 4 plus 1- 2nd tier target = a very good day

And so on and so on.

For those saying Desjardins will be the most active tomorrow, remember that he may have lots of money but players still have to want to sign. I'm pretty sure Desjardins has a bad reputation around the league, amongst players, because of how he dealt with Kevin Glenn last year, when Glenn's twitter was "hacked" and he called Desjardins a snake.

Walters was called a snake by Korey Banks so does this mean no one will sign here? I would put zero weight in guys being scared to sign in Ottawa.

For those saying Desjardins will be the most active tomorrow, remember that he may have lots of money but players still have to want to sign. I'm pretty sure Desjardins has a bad reputation around the league, amongst players, because of how he dealt with Kevin Glenn last year, when Glenn's twitter was "hacked" and he called Desjardins a snake.

Walters was called a snake by Korey Banks so does this mean no one will sign here? I would put zero weight in guys being scared to sign in Ottawa.
Okay. I'm just going by what players said last year. Clearly you know best.

We frequently hear stories of bitter players.. I have yet to see a cfl franchise blackballed by players and struggling to sign players.

Money talks and also certain places like Regina and Winnipeg will always be handicapped by geography compared to places like BC , Montreal and Toronto.

BC , Montreal and Toronto are expensive places to live if not making top $

We frequently hear stories of bitter players.. I have yet to see a cfl franchise blackballed by players and struggling to sign players.Money talks and also certain places like Regina and Winnipeg will always be handicapped by geography compared to places like BC , Montreal and Toronto.

Most players don't live in the city they play for... the teams usually put them up in a hotel during the season don't they? Most of the Americans would prefer better night life, better weather, more entertainment etc.... the same issue the Jets have to deal with when competing for free agents...

We frequently hear stories of bitter players.. I have yet to see a cfl franchise blackballed by players and struggling to sign players.Money talks and also certain places like Regina and Winnipeg will always be handicapped by geography compared to places like BC , Montreal and Toronto.

Most players don't live in the city they play for... the teams usually put them up in a hotel during the season don't they? Most of the Americans would prefer better night life, better weather, more entertainment etc.... the same issue the Jets have to deal with when competing for free agents...

Hotels ... not at all after training camp

The Bombers have a housing allowance for players. I don't know how much but it counts towards the cap.