Stars @ Jets

I love Paul Maurice's line to Scott Oake's question of what was said in the dressing room between periods: 'Not for public consumption'

I also liked his back body checks into the glass while chirping to his team. He's a gamer, I love the way he mix's calm with emotion. Hoping this is just a blip on our way to the playoffs.

Buff and Enstrom looked bad, Chiarot didn't look as good, Bogo obviously struggled but the Jets pretty much dominated the Stars, I'd be more concerned about this little losing streak if we were getting dominated ourselves, we aren't tho, we are just taking way way too many penalties... bunch of different guys too taking pretty bad penalties, bogo yes but he wasn't the only one, perreault took a dumb one, buff did too, few other guys also. Bogo seems to be getting the blame cuz his was pretty selfish but the reality is... stars were 4 for 8 on the powerplay.. Reality seems to indicate that if we take penalties, we will lose, we don't and we will win. Bogo took 2 penalties but.. seemed like Perreaults penalty actually started the downfall of the team... The Jets dominated 5 on 5 tho. 

I seem to recall from Maurice's days in Carolina/Toronto that he could get them to play D very well, but for some reason his teams lacked discipline in the penalty department. Kinda surprising really. Here's a really old article on it http://hockeyanalysis.com/2008/02/07/is-paul-maurice-a-good-coach/. Hopefully this squad can get a handle on this.

Hutch starts...again? Maurice breaking his own rule.

The only definitive statement Maurice has made about the goaltending situation that I've seen is that he wants to make sure each guy sees action once every 7 days to make sure they keep their edge.  Almost everything else is other people inferring things based on press conference generalizations.