Jets vs Jackets

Shutout for Hutch  29 saves showed great puck control and great positioning ,  he definitely is the real deal!  

Sportsnet on the other hand is so tacky with so much inane pointless chatter ,  they at least are not cry babies like the CBC crew but yeesh they sure go on and on about pointless tidbits.   

Shutout for Hutch  29 saves showed great puck control and great positioning ,  he definitely is the real deal!  

Sportsnet on the other hand is so tacky with so much inane pointless chatter ,  they at least are not cry babies like the CBC crew but yeesh they sure go on and on about pointless tidbits.

No one works for CBC anymore all sportsnet crews no matter what station

No one works for CBC anymore all sportsnet crews no matter what station

Well it was better then Bob Cole is what I was trying to say =\  

Beyak and Hnidy / Engblom are way way better to listen to.

I enjoyed the broadcast tonight compared to the other one on CBC a couple of weeks ago that was so slanted towards the Leafs. HOW DARE WE BEAT THEM!!

Even rod black is better than Bob cole.

C'mon now, that's uncalled for.... Bob Cole is a legend... sure he's lost a step (or 7)... sure he only recognizes about 1/3 of the players in the league... sure he has trouble following the play most of the time.... but that legendary voice will never die!

Was at the game live, girl about 5 sections over won the 50/50.. about 33,000 bucks for her. Not bad lol. Was a good game overall, Jets dominated, did get caught in their zone a few times but Jets had the way better scoring chances, first 2 shots on goal were goals.. crazy looking at the scoreboard and seeing the shots on goal like 7-2 Columbus but the Jets winning 2-0. Hutch played well, only really had to make 1 really good save, the rest were, well, they are what i'd call not grade A chances really. Jets did start off slow despite the 2 goals on 2 shots but took over from there. Surprised Columbus out hit the Jets actually. 

3 stars at the arena were Hutch Wheeler and Thorburn. 

Jets still take some dumb penalties at times... funny moment of the game was the Columbus player losing his skate blade and having to stay on the ice until the play was done

#HutchforAllstargame to replace Bobrovsky who injured himself on a harmless looking play would be a nice gesture by the NHL. 

I think Hutch made one ridiculous save but several "good" saves.  His position is very sound.  He had generally great rebound control in this game also.  You sort of got the sense early that he was going to have a good game.  Loved seeing his smile after the game...he's having fun for sure.

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense for Hutch to replace Bob at the All Star Game.  I suppose the NHL could blow him off as a back up who's only played however many games.  But he's played enough.  His stats are top two in the league.  he *should* be there to be honest.  Its also a feel good story.

I used to say that if the leaves ever won the Stanley Cup again, as the buzzer sounded you'd hear microphones hitting the floor, silence for around 60 seconds, then Bob Cole and Harry Neale would run naked out onto the ice, hugging the players and waving their shirts in the air.

Which is obviously silly - at their age now, it'd take them at least 4 minutes to get down to the ice.

Oh yes, and great game.  I missed the first half, so all the talk about how great Hutch played was lost on me, I guess he took some heavy fire in the first 30 minutes, but that save in the 3rd with the left muffin was a doozy - he reacted to the first move and then changed his mind halfway thru, shifted over and was in position for the second move/shot.  Most goalies would have committed too hard to pull back and re-position.  An all-around great sequence for him.

For the most part, Hutch had an easy night. I'm a big fan but I'm not pretending that Hutch won that game all by himself, he had 1 great save on Dubinsky and the rest were relatively easy saves for him. If Pav played, I'm thinking the same result, not sure if PAV stops that one on Dubinsky tho but he might have cuz PAV has been known to make the spectacular save from time to time. 

Honestly tho, Jets just played better than Columbus, had the better chances, game could have been 6 7 8-0 really. Columbus goalies made some pretty solid saves. I'll say this, the Columbus goalies had to make the way tougher saves that's for sure. 

Columbus might have outshot the Jets in the first but really, none of those shots were that difficult at all. After the first, the Jets took over. 

For the most part, Hutch had an easy night. I'm a big fan but I'm not pretending that Hutch won that game all by himself, he had 1 great save on Dubinsky and the rest were relatively easy saves for him. If Pav played, I'm thinking the same result, not sure if PAV stops that one on Dubinsky tho but he might have cuz PAV has been known to make the spectacular save from time to time.

Honestly tho, Jets just played better than Columbus, had the better chances, game could have been 6 7 8-0 really. Columbus goalies made some pretty solid saves. I'll say this, the Columbus goalies had to make the way tougher saves that's for sure.

Columbus might have outshot the Jets in the first but really, none of those shots were that difficult at all. After the first, the Jets took over.

The thing is Pav gives up big rebounds and is flying around the net which at times gives the illusion of him making big saves.

Hutch isn't flashy but because of his style he limits the amount of scoring opportunities. If Pav has better puck control and didn't flop around so much he would then have much less crazy diving saves / bad out of place goals on him.

Last night the Jets clearly would of won with either guy but it was a very solid outing by Hutch.

The thing is Pav gives up big rebounds and is flying around the net which at times gives the illusion of him making big saves.

Hutch isn't flashy but because of his style he limits the amount of scoring opportunities. If Pav has better puck control and didn't flop around so much he would then have much less crazy diving saves / bad out of place goals on him.

Last night the Jets clearly would of won with either guy but it was a very solid outing by Hutch.

From an viewer point of view, sure does seem that way at times. Wonder what the goalie coach would say. i.e., how positional sound is he that maybe the untrained eye can't see . . .

My coworker has played Goalie for 25 years and a lot of what he says is what I have been saying on here. I know he isn't an NHL expert but still basic fundamentals are not being Done by Pavs in which he would know about.

At what point do they wash their hands of Pavs? Or do they replace the coach? I thought they should have brought in a new coach ages ago to help with pavs

Pavs has been an international and NHL level goaltender for how many seasons now? Old dogs cannot be taught new technique at this stage of their careers.. They risk losing what edge they have plus injuring muscles that they have never hardcore conditioned..

Maybe a goalie coach could tweak some small stuff but in general, they wouldn't be changing enough of his game to make a difference.. He is as good (or bad) as he is because of his style. you think anyone tried to teach hasek to not flop around?