Leafs Fans Charged

For starters, you're not allowed to throw things on the ice.

Secondly...wait, there is no secondly.

Let's see here, secondly, secondly, wait, I got one... Secondly, the credo of the leaves appears to be "You will take what we give you and you will like it!", and these fans violated that by not liking it, so off with their heads.

So, if you toss your hat on the ice, you should be banned?

Banned without mercy.  And flogged.  And forced to watch the leaves play.

You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children, and your children's children's children......... for 6 months

It was for interrupting a national broadcast or something like that. Really stupid. Really really stupid. I can't imagine any pro team bringing the cops on to charge fans for this.

Found this in the Toronto Star:

Toronto police said the three were charged under the province’s Trespass to Property Act. The offence, specifically called “engage in prohibited activity,” is not a criminal charge but it carries a fine of about $125.

Secondly...wait, there is no secondly.

Let's see here, secondly, secondly, wait, I got one... Secondly, the credo of the leaves appears to be "You will take what we give you and you will like it!", and these fans violated that by not liking it, so off with their heads.

What would be neat if at a next Leafs game, the majority of spectators armed with their leafs Jerseys, threw them on the ice in unison. A whole lot of banning would have to take place :)

From what I've read there have been at least 3 jerseys thrown on the ice while play was going on. Those people deserve to be banned. BTW the banning is for all MLSE properties so they can't go to Raptors or Toronto FC games or go to Maple Leaf Square either.

I agree that throwing anything onto the playing surface during game play should warrant an ejection but this is very bad optics.  The fans are trying to make a point and instead of taking that point seriously, the Leafs allow a very bad PR situation to happen.  The take away to me is that fans are so angry they are using a form of civil disobedience to make a point.

Or they were just drunken losers.