Chapdelaine could be the Riders OC for 2015

IC Khari

Strikes me as a downgrade to go from Cortez to Chapdelaine, though Chapdelaine still isn't a bad option. Will wait and see what happens if they get Benevides, but I'm not sure I see the end goal from the Rider perspective. Still strikes me as scapegoating the coords, particularly if they DON'T come away with Benevides as DC.

Chamblin fires every coordinator he hires. He has fired position coaches. The guy is a scapegoat coach. It's never HIS fault. Always someone else. I wish Jacques well. I just hope a year from now the same thing that happened to Cortez & Hall doesn't happen to him.

I would say that problem is then on the GM, not the coach. Of *course* the HC will look for scapegoats in the case of poor play. What's he supposed to do? Request his release? Tell people he's not good enough and fire himself? Every head coach wants to keep their job or move to another, better opportunity.

I can't think of any scenario where a head coach, whose GM wants to keep him, leaves the position with the excuse of not being good enough.

Chamblin still being HC over there is on Taman.

Riders retain Dyce as ST coord.- one of the most glaringly poor units in the league- Fire Cortez and replace him with the unremarkable Chapdelaine, fire Hall when the defense was the only thing that kept them competitive after Labour Day ?

I defy any Prider to spin this in Chamblin/Taman's favour.

Riders retain Dyce as ST coord.- one of the most glaringly poor units in the league- Fire Cortez and replace him with the unremarkable Chapdelaine, fire Hall when the defense was the only thing that kept them competitive after Labour Day ?

I defy any Prider to spin this in Chamblin/Taman's favour.

Oh I've seen it already. Cortez was unwilling to adjust the offense for the young qbs, it's his fault they didn't look good because he should have called the plays that didn't suck! You see if only he had changed the offense then Sunshine would have been great just like they all know he is! 

Hall on the other hand saw the defense regress badly as the year went on so obviously if he hadn't been poor at his job the D would have kept getting like 10 sacks a game! Chamblin and Taman was very wise to see things for how they are. Cup next year guaranteed. 

My advice to Jacques is...

1. Unpack only the essentials - leave big things in storage - you might not be there long.

2. You're a hero until you lose and it'll be your fault because, heaven forbid,  it has something to do with the HC and GM.

3. Cultivate a friendship with Durant if not a love affair - it might buy you some time - gawd help you if (when ?) he turns on you.