Marcel Bellefeuille

Doublezero

Stats don't tell the whole story obviously but an interesting one is that we were 9th in the league, dead last in terms of points against.

On O we averaged about 22.05 points for per game, on D we average about 26.7 points against per game. 

There were 4 teams who scored 400 or more points for, Calgary, Edmonton,Toronto and Hamilton <-- in that order too of points scored per game

The rest goes SASK WPG BC MTL OTT

Sask had 399 points scored, Wpg 397 points scored.

Our O was kind of middle of the pack really, Our D tho was dead last. 

Your right, Goalie, stats don't tell the whole story. For example, due to scores off fumbles and picks, Winnipeg's defence contributed to our 397 total points scored. The most telling stat IMHO is TD percentage, and that stat is calculated by dividing the number of touchdowns by the number of times the team was in the red zone. By that measurement Bombers were dead last in the league at 2.6% - a very inefficient offence that repeatedly failed to capitalize on the many chances it was given. 

You're right... the bombers were to only team to get scoring from defense and special teams this year...

Also, I haven't looked up this stat... but 2.6% seems far too low... Where are you getting the redzone and TD numbers from?

Stats don't tell the whole story obviously but an interesting one is that we were 9th in the league, dead last in terms of points against.

On O we averaged about 22.05 points for per game, on D we average about 26.7 points against per game. 

There were 4 teams who scored 400 or more points for, Calgary, Edmonton,Toronto and Hamilton <-- in that order too of points scored per game

Your right, Goalie, stats don't tell the whole story. For example, due to scores off fumbles and picks, Winnipeg's defence contributed to our 397 total points scored. The most telling stat IMHO is TD percentage, and that stat is calculated by dividing the number of touchdowns by the number of times the team was in the red zone. By that measurement Bombers were dead last in the league at 2.6% - a very inefficient offence that repeatedly failed to capitalize on the many chances it was given. 

You're right... the bombers were to only team to get scoring from defense and special teams this year...

Also, I haven't looked up this stat... but 2.6% seems far too low... Where are you getting the redzone and TD numbers from?

OK, looking more closely Ottawa was last in terms of TD percentage and we were next to the bottom. Link: http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/football/cfl/stats/teams/?sort=Yrd

Umm...there's different meanings for the word "like".  My meaning was not that I need to like the person...as in "hey, he's a good guy".  I just want him to be a winner, I could care less if I like the guy.

I'm aware.  My point is outside of nostalgic reminiscing, reserved for guys like Mike Riley and Cal Murphy and a few select others, there have not been any coordinators that I can think of that have not been met with complaints from a not insignificant number of people.

People argue that Lapo should have been fired on his first go-around as OC because in the second year the offence dropped to 4th in the league.  4th.

The grass is always greener until it's planted on our yard.  Whomever is hired is just going to be the next guy some people will demand we should fire.

That's what happens when you go decades without a championship. Most people are tired of 7th or 8th place finishes that are eventually followed by 1st or 2nd finishes only to see the team completely collapse again. 

Also I don't remember anyone every bitching about burke as a DC. He ran a great D while here as a DC his trouble started when he took a role he isn't good at.

I thought Bellefeuille was the right coordinator for what the Bombers needed last year with a new QB, looking for a new direction, and more importantly, to win games. Bellefeuille may not light the world on fire with his offence, but you know what you're gonna get, and I think with an improved defence, the Bombers can get a ticket to the show and see what happens.

Yeah, you're gonna get mediocrity.  I'd like someone who can win, not just be average.

Who was the last OC or DC that people didn't endlessly complain about?

Etch was a bum.  Burke was a bum.  Reed was a bum.  Marshall was a bum.

Lapolice has been fired twice here.

I don't believe the fans "liking someone" is something that will ever occur.

More and more, as we've hired, turned on, and fired coach after coach around here I am coming around to this way of thinking.  Basically, a play doesn't work and it's the coaches fault in the eyes of the fans.  And no offence to us fans, but we don't know wtf we're talking about approximately 97% of the time.  

Like yesterday, the big question, "who's going to be our new DC?"  Might as well ask, "who are we going to be ragging on about 6 quarters into the season?"  Unless we get better players.  

Don't think the players on D were the issue, the scheme i think was, We got a pretty solid DB group, Pretty damn good, Dline lost a guy who people seem to under rate but the minute he went down, the dline play did too, zach anderson. We lacked a middle linebacker too, a real one at least, Wild played the position well but he's best suited to the outside. 

The players are fine i think, It's the scheme that cost them more often than not, it's the lack of caring about the run game, it's the perceived lack of caring about tackling and instead of wrapping him up, try to strip the ball from him, these are all coaching things, Etch things. 

The players were only part of the problem. And really, A middle linebacker, a defensive end or 2, and some better depth and we should be fine. 

Umm...there's different meanings for the word "like".  My meaning was not that I need to like the person...as in "hey, he's a good guy".  I just want him to be a winner, I could care less if I like the guy.

I'm aware.  My point is outside of nostalgic reminiscing, reserved for guys like Mike Riley and Cal Murphy and a few select others, there have not been any coordinators that I can think of that have not been met with complaints from a not insignificant number of people.

People argue that Lapo should have been fired on his first go-around as OC because in the second year the offence dropped to 4th in the league.  4th.

The grass is always greener until it's planted on our yard.  Whomever is hired is just going to be the next guy some people will demand we should fire.

That's what happens when you go decades without a championship. Most people are tired of 7th or 8th place finishes that are eventually followed by 1st or 2nd finishes only to see the team completely collapse again. 

Also I don't remember anyone every bitching about burke as a DC. He ran a great D while here as a DC his trouble started when he took a role he isn't good at.

I was going to say No one complained about Tim Burke as a DC because he was good at that aspect of things. It was just as a head coach he was an outright failure of spectacular proportions. 

OK, looking more closely Ottawa was last in terms of TD percentage and we were next to the bottom. Link: http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/football/cfl/stats/teams/?sort=Yrd

Except that stat isn't TDs per redzone attempt... it's probably TDs per possession... you're trying to tell me Calgary only scored a TD one in every 20 redzone trips... and us, one or two in every 50??? c'mon man

Bombers were 46% in the red zone this year, 7th in the league but there's like 4 or 5 teams all clumped together within a couple percentage points. Hamilton and Ottawa were markedly the weakest RZ offenses all year.

Is that 46% TDs or just scoring in general?... I hope the former

Bombers were 46% in the red zone this year, 7th in the league but there's like 4 or 5 teams all clumped together within a couple percentage points. Hamilton and Ottawa were markedly the weakest RZ offenses all year.

Is that 46% TDs or just scoring in general?... I hope the former

Touchdowns. RZ percentage isn't broken out very specific, it's basically touchdowns or everything else.