Hutch Wat? Jets @ Ducks

BomberFan

The whole team didn't play very well tonight.  Lots of unforced turnovers, Jets fighting the puck all night.

Hutch has the bad misplay on the puck, but other then that really didn't play horrible, and was very solid in the 3rd.  Good to see that play didn't knock him off his game.

I'm afraid the Hutch vs Pav talk is going to continue for the rest of this season.  Don't think he did anything tonight to give Pavelec more starts.  I think they will still be alternating goalies.

Take away that second goal which shouldn't have counted due to goalie interference and hutch made 28 of 30 saves, even with that goal he made 27 of 30 saves and several on what most would consider to be high quality scoring chances, one timers etc, had to go side to side to make several big saves. Hutch had a brain fart on the third goal but outside of that one, he played quite well. Anaheim is the best team in the league for a reason, they don't give teams much, Jets played them pretty strongly actually. Got in to some penalty trouble and got bit a few times playing the 4th line a little too much, they cost us a goal for sure, peluso in particular, had a chance to clear the zone, passed the puck back to noone, ducks grabbed it, peluso got called for holding, PP ducks, score!! 4th line really sucked lots, the rest of the team seemed fine, not their best effort but not their worst, look at it this way really, Jets are good but they aren't Anaheim and i don't think anyone expected them to be anything similar to Anaheim yet, in reality, they aren't that far behind the best team in the league points wise and have played 2 pretty good games vs them in the last week.

Also first game back after a road trip, home teams generally come out flat after a road trip first game back, Jets did in the first. Picked it up throughout the game and if halischucks off the post crossbar and post shot would have gone in, it's a 1 goal game, that 2nd goal is actually called for the blatant goalie interference and jets and ducks are actually tied 2-2. 

Kane was invisible tho and played poorly in his first game back, no shots and a -2 for mr money phone <--- not good. Maybe expected tho.

Also gotta keep in mind, Jets are actually doing all this without their top d pair, Toby and Bogo are hurt and they are the teams #1 d pair. 

I will say this, i do think if that was PAV in net who let in that weak one, people would be ripping him a new one left right and center, hell the guy didn't even play and one or 2 folks here brought him up, in a game he didn't play. 

In a way i think what some comments tell you is some people have played a sport, others haven't cuz it's never just one guys fault when you win or lose, it's a team game. People need to start to realize that. 

It scares me when thorburn peluso and slater are on the ice together, Thorburn, not as terrible as some make him out to be is probably the best player on that line, Slater is done, he is so far gone from 2011 slater it's crazy and peluso, well, i dunno what to say about him, good fighter but that's about it. 

Adam Pardy is another guy who i thought looked awful, Chiarot had another strong game and is making a case to stick around on at least the bottom pairing d with postma when everyone is healthy. 

Great analysis Goalie. I was at a stag party so while I watched the game I wasn't paying a lot of attention. But it looked like the jets as a team didn't play up to snuff.

Every goalie will have terrible ganes and great games. It's consistency that matters. I'd get Hutch back in there soon just to let him turn the page on this one as quickly as possible.

We generally beating teams behind us, losing to teams ahead of us and considering where we are its okay, not good with outlook not good,

LA/MN are better then us but are behind, should surpass us and Calgary are ahead of us but have yet to pull a Wile E Coyote and look beneath their feet.and discover where they really are. Vanc could be like Cal or a sleeper team.

Minnesota and us are very similar, we both have the great unknown in net. Minny ain't that great overall. They are like the Jets exactly, couple good lines, couple good d men when everyone is healthy, couple youngsters helping out but very unknown goaltending. LA? i don't know whats going on there actually. They should be better but maybe the rest of the league has caught up to them now. 

There's no doubt we would have won that game if Pav was in net.

You were just dying for Hutch to have a less-than-stellar game so you could come in and make this post.  So obnoxious.  Time to grow up, mbrg.

I was unaware there was a monopoly on making completely unprovable claims...

Yep that one is all on Pav. No way we lose that game with Hutch in net.

You were just dying for Hutch to have a less-than-stellar game so you could come in and make this post.  So obnoxious.  Time to grow up, mbrg.

Yeah, I realize you were attempting to mock my post.  Thanks for proving my point.  Time to grow up.

Yeah, I realize you were attempting to mock my post.  Thanks for proving my point.  Time to grow up.

That wasn't actually the point, but I'm not feeling spunky enough right now to hammer out the 2,000 word response needed to properly break down the situation.  Maybe tomorrow.

See, now it's like Christmas eve - you won't be able to sleep tonight you'll be so excited.

That wasn't actually the point, but I'm not feeling spunky enough right now to hammer out the 2,000 word response needed to properly break down the situation.  Maybe tomorrow.

See, now it's like Christmas eve - you won't be able to sleep tonight you'll be so excited.

Yes I'm sure we're all waiting with bated breath for your ground breaking opinion.  Here's a free preview for anyone who can't wait:

"Pavelec is not that bad.  Hutchinson is not that good.  But he is not that bad either.  Pavelec is also not that good.  They are both goalies on the Jets.  I like hockey.  You guys need to stop talking about which player is better."

Did you seriously like your own post?

Smh.

Gooood... Gooooooooood... Let the butthurt flow thru you....