Jets-Avalanche

Its not even that Pavs was bad or "lost" the game.  But he's fallen back into a below .900 save percentage over the last X amount of games.  And whether its his fault or not, thats just not good enough.

Things I noticed last night were that he goes down very quickly.  he tries to anticipate the shot and gets hooked into making a decision before the shooter.  He also seems to be a bit slower reflex-wise than Hutch and generally doesnt throw himself across the crease to make a miracle save like Hutch will do.  Hutch plays bigger in net, is more positionally sound, quicker reflexes, doesnt often bite on fakes and doesnt generally expose himself.

Im a Pavs fan but I have to think hutch gets the start on Saturday which is a monster test for him and if he plays even moderately well, Im not sure Maurice doesnt come back with him for another game right away.

Its not even that Pavs was bad or "lost" the game.  But he's fallen back into a below .900 save percentage over the last X amount of games.  And whether its his fault or not, thats just not good enough.

Things I noticed last night were that he goes down very quickly.  he tries to anticipate the shot and gets hooked into making a decision before the shooter.  He also seems to be a bit slower reflex-wise than Hutch and generally doesnt throw himself across the crease to make a miracle save like Hutch will do.  Hutch plays bigger in net, is more positionally sound, quicker reflexes, doesnt often bite on fakes and doesnt generally expose himself.

Im a Pavs fan but I have to think hutch gets the start on Saturday which is a monster test for him and if he plays even moderately well, Im not sure Maurice doesnt come back with him for another game right away.

Im a Pavs fan... But i like Hutch better. His game is more sound. He doesent seem to have as many weaknesses as Pav.

Up 3-2 with 10 left... You cant have your goalie giving up rebounds like that. Games and points are way to important for that kinda crap. Its not even like he had a busy night. 23 shots against the Avs is not a busy night IMO.

Im a Pavs fan... But i like Hutch better. His game is more sound. He doesent seem to have as many weaknesses as Pav.

Up 3-2 with 10 left... You cant have your goalie giving up rebounds like that. Games and points are way to important for that kinda crap. Its not even like he had a busy night. 23 shots against the Avs is not a busy night IMO.

3-1 with 10 left it felt like,

Pavelec at 24 games: Last year 10-11-3 2.76 .914 This year 9-8-4 2.32 .914

Correct me if Im wrong but this shows us something.  Maurice said you couldnt judge Pavs until the team as a whole played better D.  Pavs' lower Goals Against but exact same Save Percentage tells me the team is playing better D, thus less goals/shot.  But Pavs is still letting in the same ratio of goals to shots.  This tells us that his skill lvel is what it is regardless of the team in front of him, does it not?

Pavelec at 24 games: Last year 10-11-3 2.76 .914 This year 9-8-4 2.32 .914

Correct me if Im wrong but this shows us something.  Maurice said you couldnt judge Pavs until the team as a whole played better D.  Pavs' lower Goals Against but exact same Save Percentage tells me the team is playing better D, thus less goals/shot.  But Pavs is still letting in the same ratio of goals to shots.  This tells us that his skill lvel is what it is regardless of the team in front of him, does it not?

LOL   What it tells me is we need to keep giving Hutch games.

I hope they just keep doing what their doing.... Giving Hutch more and more games.

My guess is he gets the start Saturday.

Ladd had a pretty good front row view of 2 of the AV goals last night.

Shhhh. They really, really want it to be all on Pav.

Who does? Not sure I'm seeing Pavs blaming here. Perhaps you are lost.

Alright then.  My mistake.

Yep that one is all on Pav. No way we lose that game with Hutch in net.

Think Pav just played himself out of a starters job.

Mr Rebound is back ...

Time to give Hutch a few games.

Alright then. My mistake.

Mr Rebound is back ...

One person blamed pavs. Others correctly stated that hitch deserved more of an opportunity regardless of pavs. But hey whatever serves your narrative.

I blamed Pav.  Still do.

Ladds no better on that play tho. Ladd fell behind and he played the player weak but that could be he was trying to avoid a penalty.

Thank you for being honest Muddy buddy.

I just call it like i see it... right or wrong.  LOL  And im not afraid to admit when im wrong. I gave my opinion on the play and ill stand by it.

Couldnt help but wonder tho if Hutch was in net if he plays it the same. Pavs is notorious for giving up rebounds so i watched the play a few times and the shot was placed in a position that he pretty much had to kick it out. So i figured that Hutch would have prolly done the same. Ladd definitely didnt help the whole situation by falling behind thats for sure.

The thing i started thinking about Hutch being in the net tho that i thought of after is hes a lefty that shot wouldnt have gone to his stick side and hand cuffed him like it did Pav. It would have gone to his glove side and he wouldnt of had to kick it out... he may have caught it.

Neither here nor there really...  Jus an observation. 

Alright then. My mistake.

Mr Rebound is back ...

Nope, no pavs blaming here lol. The guy is who he is.. Hes also the starter... He needs to suck... Alot more then he has to lose his job..