Bogo out 4-6 Weeks, Enstrom to miss December, Buff back on D

Atomic

Many experts assumed he'd be picked up.

Jets missed out on a free player that is better than four guys they are starting right now.

Many experts were wrong. He's not good enough to play at the top of our lineup and isn't suited to play a role at the bottom. If he's not scoring he's pretty much useless.

IMO he's a guy who could dominate at the AHL level, but will never amount to much in the NHL.

Jets missed out on a free player that is better than four guys they are starting right now.

Given the fact that 29 other front offices agreed with the Jets, I'm going to say you're the one in the wrong here.

If Brunner can't crack your top 6, he can't crack your lineup. Period.

Given the fact that 29 other front offices agreed with the Jets, I'm going to say you're the one in the wrong here.

Seems about right.

Its odd to me someone would want to build from a 4th line out....  Trade a top 6 to get a 4th? Weird.

Signing Brunner does natta and makes no difference. also weird.

Mike I'm not a GM. I'm not a TSN insider either. If they were wrong so be it. Odd hostility around these parts lately. I guess neither the jets or other teams have ever been wrong. brunner is no magic fix but he's an improvement over Thorburn or Halischuck (and I like Halischuck but I think he's got a two-way deal which makes him financially more attractive).

Seems about right.

Its odd to me someone would want to build from a 4th line out.... Trade a top 6 to get a 4th? Weird.

This makes no sense. What are you talking about? Trade a top six for a fourth? Who suggested that?

Seems about right.

Its odd to me someone would want to build from a 4th line out.... Trade a top 6 to get a 4th? Weird.

This makes no sense. What are you talking about? Trade a top six for a fourth? Who suggested that?

Well then explain what do you think your going to get for him? Think a team is going to give up a star player? Or are you going to get another top 6? If thats the case then your trading for nothing other then the sake of trading.

Explain what do you think your going to get.

Brunner cleared waivers

And that's how valuable he is. Remember the hype for this guy when he first came over from Europe?

Again, again and again, injuries suffered by the Jets confirms the reason why you don't trade Buff. He's a special player that few teams have. I for one do not want to give that to another team.

The chemistry thing is important too and something I think the jets have actually been missing until this year. I think the coaching change has helped in that regard.

As for the other point no one would ever suggest trading buff or any top six guy away fro nothing do the point of needing bodies is moot. You'd kikely get back at least two bodies and be better depth wise. But obviously the way the team is playing they aren't tading a top guy. But there will be some high level decisions to be made in the off season.

The chemistry thing is important too and something I think the jets have actually been missing until this year. I think the coaching change has helped in that regard.

As for the other point no one would ever suggest trading buff or any top six guy away fro nothing do the point of needing bodies is moot. You'd kikely get back at least two bodies and be better depth wise. But obviously the way the team is playing they aren't tading a top guy. But there will be some high level decisions to be made in the off season.

So now are you saying trade a top 6 guy for 4th liners?

Up there^^^  You said your not suggesting that.... but this seem to say otherwise.

Maybe im reading it wrong.

what 2 bodies would you get back? 2 guys who combined are equal to the guy you are giving up? or 2 guys who are better than the guy you are giving up?

The only way you trade buff, and i don't really think you do, his versatility is huge, but.... the only way you do trade him is if someone is willing to overpay and by that i mean top 6 forward, maybe top 4 d man and probably a draft pick, why? because YOU don't have to trade BUFF.. it's not like buff isn't enjoying himself here, it's not like the guy doesn't like being less than a days drive from home, heck, if he wanted too, he could go home tomorrow and be back the same day DRIVING... 

the only way you trade guys like buff is for a massive overpayment cuz you ain't getting guys of his equal value or versatility back. 

Buff is very  valuable to us, you know what, if we didn't have buff right now, holy crap, it's trouba stuart and a bunch of AHL call ups on the  back end. 

Up there^^^ You said your not suggesting that.... but this seem to say otherwise.

Yes you are reading it wrong.

Up there^^^ You said your not suggesting that.... but this seem to say otherwise.

Yes you are reading it wrong.

Ok sorry.

It seems you said your not suggesting trading top 6 for 4th liners... yet i bolded out a part where you say we can get 2 bodies for him.

Where do you suggest we put them? On the 4th line?

This is what i was pointing to about building from your bottom lines out. Its what your saying to do from the sounds of it. Moving top guys for depth or lower lines to build them.

That to me and its just my opinion is a really bad idea. Before you know it... you will end up with a bunch of crap and no way to get out of it.

I think if you trade Buff you get two quality guys in return. That was my point.

I'm not sure what one gets you at this point. He plays his ass off but he's getting close to the point where people are going to say he's not living up to his potential or his contract.

Again, next off season will be very interesting for this team.