Bombers benched Grigsby for partying late

gbill2004

Joe Smith didn't play with us in 2009,  he was cut and was never seen again....

That move puzzled me at the time.  Was it his off beat persona that teams didn't like?  I thought the ability was there though. 

A puzzling coaching decision from 2009?

You don't say!

A player cut under curious circumstances in 2009?

Surely an isolated case!

That move puzzled me at the time.  Was it his off beat persona that teams didn't like?  I thought the ability was there though. 

You don't say!

Surely an isolated case!

You don't say!

Surely an isolated case!

Oh crap...my sarcasm meter just broke after reading that.  Does anyone know where one can get it fixed?    

Sorry.

or

Suuuuuh-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrry.

Whichever you'd prefer.

Now that this season is drawing to a close, I hope this is the last thread about Grigsby I ever see.  Obsessing about a player who isn't here anymore and didn't do much when he was, just to point out he's not doing much elsewhere - I think we can all be over it now.

Comparing CR01 to Grigsby is laughable. Roberts is flat out one of the greatest RBs in the history of the 3-Down game, made even greater by the "What If's" surrounding him. His legendary ability to cut through the smallest of holes is dwarfed (...ahem...) by his truly heroic intake of booze and smokes (not to mention his apparent "Preferred Customer" status at Teaser's). Roberts, like Grigsby, walked out on the team...in late 2001...but was brought under control by Lamar McGriggs. He never truly grew up though...as stories have surfaced about his "performance" during the week of the 2001 and 2007 Grey Cups. 2007 is particularly painful, as a rookie QB making his first ever start was gonna have to rely on CR to carry the load....

Sigh........

10 rushes for 22 yards and a fumble. Another special Grigsby performance! Hope you enjoyed him Ticat fans!

10 carries for 22 yards with a long of 19 yards and a fumble.

That is the perfect Grigsby statline. Bust one carry for great yardage and average .333333 yards per carry otherwise.

Why on earth was he their feature back instead of Madu? Madu at least appears to run with some power.

I liked Joe Smith but he was an individualist even though he always seemed to produce on the field, and that didn't sit well with the coaches if I recall.

My wife asks about him from time to time. "Whatever happened to the Bomber who kept a min-pin in his locker?"

Interesting read: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/can-nic-grigsby--cast-off-by-winnipeg-for-partying-late--lead-hamilton-to-a-grey-cup-party-204500093.html

It sounds like Nic Grigsby’s decision to have a little extra fun in the nation’s capital last month is a big reason why he’ll be suiting up for the Tiger-Cats on Grey Cup.

According to league sources, one of the final straws that led to his benching by the Blue and Gold in favour of Paris Cotton happened on the team’s trip to Ottawa.

Grigsby was out on the town a little too late the night before Winnipeg’s game against the RedBlacks on Oct. 3, during which he played terribly.

Grigsby rushed 14 times for only 55 yards against Ottawa, which crushed Winnipeg 42-20 in a game the Bombers desperately needed to keep their playoffs hopes alive.

It was the last game Grigsby played for the Blue and Gold, as he asked for — and was granted — his release five days later.

The Bombers were going to replace Grigsby with Cotton anyway because of his poor performances running the ball, but his lack of discipline the night before the Ottawa game made their decision much easier, according to sources.

To get away with that you have to be Charles Roberts....and Nic is no Charles.