Pages & Blogs

Rich

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you or do you plan on using the Blogs section of the board?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you or do you plan on using the Pages section of the board?

• Yes
    • No

So it is time to renew the software we use to run the board.   Some of the money goes to pay for security updates and maintenance of the software, some goes to pay for the chat room that we have.

The forum software has many modules (including ones we don't use) that you can kind of pick and choose to customize your forum.   Two that we do have are the Pages and Blogs section.

The Blogs section is pretty self explanatory.  The Pages section is really supposed to be a place that pulls content from all the different areas of the site together and summarize it.  Since we don't use a lot of the other modules, mostly it is just the forum info that goes into there.

I don't mind keeping these areas going but there is a cost associated with keeping them, and while certainly not exorbitant, there is no point in paying for it if people don't use it.   

So a quick poll to see what peoples usage patterns are.

The only time I read the blog is when odds and sods are posted; but those could just as easily be done in a forum post and I would read it there actually typically its a forum post that gives me the link to the blog location anyways.  I'd say both can go away as it isn't used enough to warrant the extra expense even if it only is a minimal amount.

The only time I read the blog is when odds and sods are posted; but those could just as easily be done in a forum post and I would read it there actually typically its a forum post that gives me the link to the blog location anyways.  I'd say both can go away as it isn't used enough to warrant the extra expense even if it only is a minimal amount.

Odds and Sods switched over to regular forum posts in the middle of last season for that very reason!