Draft Position

RagingIce

I'm wondering if we will bring back Kris Robertson for camp next year.  He has had a great season in CIS, tied for second in CIS (number 1 in RSEQ) with 5 interceptions including 2 returned for TDs.  He didn't last long in camp this year but maybe he was still getting over his ACL tear.  With our lack of Canadian depth I don't see why we wouldn't bring him back.

I'm wondering if we will bring back Kris Robertson for camp next year.  He has had a great season in CIS, tied for second in CIS (number 1 in RSEQ) with 5 interceptions including 2 returned for TDs.  He didn't last long in camp this year but maybe he was still getting over his ACL tear.  With our lack of Canadian depth I don't see why we wouldn't bring him back.

Guess the only question i have is we released him i guess, is he still our property? 

Guess the only question i have is we released him i guess, is he still our property? 

Technically no, but there seems to be an agreement to not poach other teams players who return to play a 5th season of university ball.  Considering there is no minor league or development system for the CFL I think this should be an actual rule, not an unwritten one.

Toronto picked up Peter Quinney (2009, 4th? round) after we sent him back to university, so there's nothing set in stone.  And really, if they're willing to offer him a job and we're not, I'm not going to wag my finger at them.

And Peter Quinney was no great loss.  Kelly's draft choices were on par or even worse than his PR skills.

Technically no, but there seems to be an agreement to not poach other teams players who return to play a 5th season of university ball.  Considering there is no minor league or development system for the CFL I think this should be an actual rule, not an unwritten one.

Toronto picked up Peter Quinney (2009, 4th? round) after we sent him back to university, so there's nothing set in stone.  And really, if they're willing to offer him a job and we're not, I'm not going to wag my finger at them.

And Peter Quinney was no great loss.  Kelly's draft choices were on par or even worse than his PR skills.

oh man were they ever... I can't remember his name, but he basically picked an O-line because he had massive arms... I was pretty disappointed about that

oh man were they ever... I can't remember his name, but he basically picked an O-line because he had massive arms... I was pretty disappointed about that

Well Morris was the guy they picked because they "liked his character".  And then Morris said he was surprised Winnipeg picked him because they were the one team that didn't interview him at Ecamp.

Have to try and suppress Kelly rage.  Not easy.  Passing of time not helping.  And causing poor grammar.  Dangling participles.  English teachers mad.

What about Groulx for the OL in round one and Tennant for the DL in round 2?

I like your thinking but I've seen some ranking him in the top 5 so he might not be there, but if he is I'd take him. Another problem could be if Etch is still around; Tennant is over 300lbs and might not fit Etch's scheme :(