Daylight Savings Time Ends

Jacquie

Why don't we just keep DST? I'd rather have an extra hour of daylight after work in the winter. Around Xmas the sun goes down at 4:30. I'd like to see it stay until 5:30. So what if the sun comes up at 8:30. I'm at work anyway. I used to live in Thompson 25 years ago. Sun was up after 9am & went down a little after 3pm. I got used to the shorter days.

Why don't we just keep DST? I'd rather have an extra hour of daylight after work in the winter. Around Xmas the sun goes down at 4:30. I'd like to see it stay until 5:30. So what if the sun comes up at 8:30. I'm at work anyway. I used to live in Thompson 25 years ago. Sun was up after 9am & went down a little after 3pm. I got used to the shorter days.

That is exactly what I've been saying to people.  I'd rather have an hour of sunlight when I get home and enjoy it, then getting to see the sunrise on the way to work.

Not only that, but when the sun starts to set around 4:30, the wet roads and highways start to freeze over.  That's during rush hour.  And it messes everyone's sleep patterns twice a year.  And my poop times.  I POOP AT THE SAME TIME EVERYDAY PEOPLE!!!

I dont notice it all.  But I do really like darkness.  So I appreciate it getting dark early.  Id be happy if the entire winter was just nightime.

SHUN THE NON BELIEVER!!!!!

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the 430 and it's dark outside bs.. But I'd hate 530 and it's dark outside bs too... I'm part plant I swear, if I don't get my sunlight I am lethargic and unmotivated to say the least..

There's legit science behind the winter blues. Lack of vitamin D can mess up people like that. In a climate like we have in Canada where sunlight hours in the winter are so short lots of people suffer a vitamin D deficiency. 

If changing your clock twice a year upsets someone then they have a pretty good life. 

the very definition of a first world problem. 

Actually, there are apparently some very serious problems with time change.  Studies show that there is an increase in heart attacks and car accidents when the clocks are set forward in spring.