Bomber free agents

gbill2004

Sears and Wild are the two that really stand out impact must haves. Bucknor I think played pretty well, I would at least be making a effort to bring him back. I'd put Brohm in same category, I'd bring him back if I could depending on financial limitations. 

Bucknor was a starter and as a FA you don't think he expects starter money? So those of you that want to replace him on the field yet expect to sign him, what kind of money do you want to then pay him? I might suggest that he is a must sign as this team has yet to establish it is in a position to start 3 National O line, 2 National receivers , 1National DL and another National anywhere but Field corner. Walters is going to have to buck up for Bucknor whether the GMs on this site like it or not.

Bucknor was a starter and as a FA you don't think he expects starter money? So those of you that want to replace him on the field yet expect to sign him, what kind of money do you want to then pay him? I might suggest that he is a must sign as this team has yet to establish it is in a position to start 3 National O line, 2 National receivers , 1National DL and another National anywhere but Field corner. Walters is going to have to buck up for Bucknor whether the GMs on this site like it or not.

I'd have zero problem giving Bucknor starter money in the $120-130k per season range.

Thank you other GM on this site. What an odd thing to say tho. Whether the GMs on this site like it or not? Your whole post is pretty much you pretending to be a GM also. Don't need to add like things like that to your post when you yourself are one of these "GMs" you are speaking of. 

The real question with  Bucknor is what kind of leverage does he have? Would he start on another team? I'm not sure another team would start him, They might but i can't really think of one off the top of my head who would actually give him starters money right now. 

Does he deserve to be paid? sure he does, but... how much? who really knows. He's not the best field corner in the league, he's probably not the worst tho. Reality is he plays a position that easily could be played by an International for a lot less money. The only thing  Bucknor has going for him is he is canadian so he is a ratio changer. 

If Matt Bucknor wasn't Canadian, what would his value actually be? You could get a guy on a rookie contract to play field corner.

He's Canadian tho so obviously being Canadian and a starter means he will get paid. I don't think they will have to pay him like he's one of the best in the league tho.

100,000 - 120,000 is probably fair value. That's not really having to break the bank for the guy tho.  

1) field CB - Bucknor's been a surprise there, it woudlnt not be hard to replace it with an import but finding a non-import for it will be a challenge although Derek Jones may fit to play there we still need a depth

Alexander is still here too.

I know, he was put to the suspended list last week. I'm not really sure about him though, i'm not sure if he is just battle lot of injuries this year or his game have regressed and got push down on the depth chart by derek jones.

He isn't listed as suspended anymore. As for injuries or Jones keeping him off the field, I would guess both. Some of the times he was on the IR wasn't for injuries.

this from cfl. transaction page

October 31 Roster

WPG TRF TO SUSPENDED NIP Donovan ALEXANDER (DB) North Dakota

Btw, here's the latest transaction for the Bombers

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

WPG REM UNS IMP Daivon DUMAS (DB) Northern Arizona

WPG REM UNS IMP Jarvis JONES (OL) Oklahoma

WPG REM UNS IMP Abraham KROMAH (LB) Duke

WPG REM UNS IMP Marty MARKETT (DB) South Carolina

WPG REM UNS NIP Ezra MILLINGTON (WR) Ottawa

WPG REM UNS NIP Kyle NORRIS (LB) Saint Mary's

WPG REM UNS NIP Shea PIERRE (DB) Windsor

WPG REM UNS NIP Rene STEPHAN (LB) Harding

WPG REM UNS IMP Aaron WOODS (WR) Portland State

He was listed on the roster, not the suspended list, when I looked.

1) field CB - Bucknor's been a surprise there, it woudlnt not be hard to replace it with an import but finding a non-import for it will be a challenge although Derek Jones may fit to play there we still need a depth

I know, he was put to the suspended list last week. I'm not really sure about him though, i'm not sure if he is just battle lot of injuries this year or his game have regressed and got push down on the depth chart by derek jones.

He isn't listed as suspended anymore. As for injuries or Jones keeping him off the field, I would guess both. Some of the times he was on the IR wasn't for injuries.

October 31 Roster

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

And the roster list is up to date? The transaction is updated almost daily.

October 31 Roster

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

Bombers have done a poor job of keeping the roster up to date on their website the second half of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

October 31 Roster

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

Bombers have done a poor job of keeping the roster up to date on their website the second half of the season.

Didnt alexander retire this year at the end anyway?

October 31 Roster

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

Yes he did. A big loss.

October 31 Roster

November 2

NON-ACTIVE 2-Nov-14

Yes he did. A big loss.

I agree if yer being serious lol.. I was hoping he could play where bucknor was and relegate bucknor to backup.. He definitely wasn't unseating Leggett anytime soon.. Kinda was hoping for one full season for the home town team too but alas..

DT Zach Anderson
-I wasn't too impressed with how much pressure we got from the d-line this year...nor how well we stopped the run at the line of scrimmage. A lot of people blame our linebackers. I think we have to get better on the defensive line too. We hitched our wagon to Turner and Vega this year and I didn't think they had the impact we hoped. Anderson didn't get a lot of playing time this year, so I think he should still get a shot going into next year. Wouldn't shell out big bucks for him though.

WR Romby Bryant
-Pass here. Don't know if he gives us anything except for the occasional crossing route. So basically Brock Ralph.

QB Brian Brohm
-I'm unsure about him. I personally don't think that he will ever be a #1 guy, so I wouldn't be surprised if they try to find someone better to bring in.

CB Matt Bucknor
-Yes. 100x over yes.  Very solid wide side corner.

LB Mike Cornell
-Who? Well he's Canadian so he has that going for him...I guess...

LB Desia Dunn
-His versatility is useful and he seems like a "coach's player". A steady guy overall. His time might be up though as he's not really an impact player and we have talented DBs...pass.

OL Gord Hinse
-Canadian offensive lineman...but I don't know too much about him.

OL Glenn January
-His willingness to be here and take a "hometown" salary may keep him on the team. It's scary to not try to sign every offensive lineman that we have before we have a steady guy to replace him. Jace Daniels could be that guy.

WR Aaron Kelly
-We need to find better receivers...either in free agency or from down south.

QB Josh Portis
-Know nothing about him

LB Johnny Sears
-Obviously sign him. He would be near the top of my list of impact players.

LB Rene Stephan
-Would sign him but only for a discount.

OL Devin Tyler
-A guy that came in and did a decent job. Might be worth bringing back.

RB Carl Volny
-Special teamer and fan favourite to be the next great Canadian running back...(lol). Would keep him around.

DB Demond Washington
-Phenomenal athlete. Needs to hone his craft a bit more. Thought Bruce Johnson was better but maybe I'm not giving him enough respect. Demond Washington can be an impact player when he's not taking stupid penalties or fumbling the ball. Was part of a very good secondary this year. Overall we obviously need to bring him back...and I think he can be even better.

LB Ian Wild

-I don't think he's an elite linebacker but he's pretty good. Gotta bring him back.