Note to Etch.

Fatty Liver

TSN had a stat. that in 61 out of 66 games this year the team with the most yards rushing has won the game.  Seems contrary to Etch's theory that the pass is the primary determinant of wins in the CFL.

Wow. I did not know that this was Etch's theory. But I fully agree with the notion that in 3-down CFL style football success on the ground spells success on the scoreboard. The field is so big and wide (of course you need balance between pass and run) but the successful run game always sets up the successful pass, not vice versa. But even if Etch is wrong on this, Bombers crap record this season isn't so much on the D as it is on the putrid O. Etch's high risk D has frequently helped score points or put the O in score position with turnovers. If the D hadn't chipped in with points in the first half of the season we'd be 1-16 right now. Small consolation, I know.

TSN had a stat. that in 61 out of 66 games this year the team with the most yards rushing has won the game.  Seems contrary to Etch's theory that the pass is the primary determinant of wins in the CFL.

Wow. I did not know that this was Etch's theory. But I fully agree with the notion that in 3-down CFL style football success on the ground spells success on the scoreboard. The field is so big and wide (of course you need balance between pass and run) but the successful run game always sets up the successful pass, not vice versa. But even if Etch is wrong on this, Bombers crap record this season isn't so much on the D as it is on the putrid O. Etch's high risk D has frequently helped score points or put the O in score position with turnovers. If the D hadn't chipped in with points in the first half of the season we'd be 1-16 right now. Small consolation, I know.

As far as a DC we can do better.

Minimum one of the two coordinators will be fired at season's end.  Question is which one will it be?  Personally I wouldn't mind if both are gone, but I can't help but feel one of them will be retained.

Could actually see special teams coach get canned as well.

I'd be surprised if they didn't purge all 3, hard to defend their records and if O'Shea does it sets up for a hostile audience next year if things don't go swimmingly.  Basically the Tim Burke scenario played over, there is very little reason to even consider keeping these coordinators for next year.