Depth Chart - HAM @ WPG - Sept 27th

TrueBlue

Well, this is it.  Time for O'Shea to admit that winning this next game is critical and not just another game.  It's now or never time.

You can say that again. I don't care what anyone here thinks, or MOS for that matter, we are one and five in our last six, the one being a weak win over Mtrl that started Alex Brink. Furthermore, that's with our all star QB Drew Willy at the helm. 

I'm not dumping on him, he's far better than anything we've had here since Khari Jones (even Buck sorry Buck but it's true) but he hasn't been very good this last few weeks and if you're honest with yourself you'll (generally here not you bannatyne) would see it too. 

WIth Willy starting, at home, against Hamilton, a team you 'should beat' is a MUST WIN game. We lose tonight, we're done. That's it. And that is not a defeatist attitude, it's a fact. 

I actually think Willy has been nicked up for almost all those games... and we just keep playing, he keeps getting more worn down.

Hamilton is surging but I do think we 'should' beat them, if we lose by 'bad luck' its one thing, if we aren't in this game - like the last one - then some serious head scratching needs to start.

And what's up with no GDT... 

Well, this is it.  Time for O'Shea to admit that winning this next game is critical and not just another game.  It's now or never time.

You just don't get it. That's not his mantra. We all know it's not just another game, he knows it as well. That doesn't mean he's going to say it, much like how he said we'd be the same team with Brohm under the controls if he ended up getting the start tomorrow when we obviously would not be. Not that difficult to understand how O'Shea handles himself in the press.

I fully get his mantra but O'Shea has to realize he's in the entertainment business and not politics, so as the Bombers only spokesman he owes the fans and the media a modicum of respect in providing valid "real-time" references in regard to the Bombers status during his press conferences.  Otherwise fans and media will begin to tune out "his message" once the playoff hopes fade and the "new coach is cool" infatuation wears off.  Once the media is starved for relevant  info. they begin to fill their columns with drivel like Wiecek has recently.

Wrong again (on many levels but I'll keep it short as possible). O'Shea is not in the entertainment business. O'Shea is in the coaching business. You could say the players themselves are, but it's not up to O'Shea to provide the entertainment (and where politics come from is beyond me - Not even sure how you reach that conclusion). O'Shea doesn't care if the fans or media tune out his message, and he shouldn't care. The ONLY message O'Shea needs to be concerned about is the message he provides to his players, which is why he conducts himself the way he does in front of the podium. It's the right way whether you like it or not.

Excuse me but you must have fallen asleep during your moderators 101 class.  You have your opinion and I have mine, doesn't make either of us right or wrong, we just have different perspectives.  If you want to act as though only your opinion is correct than please take off your moderators cap before posting so that you don't discredit this forum.

When O'Shea's salary is ultimately derived from approval of the  product he is putting on the field for which the fans pay to view for entertainment value only, that is the first clue that O'Shea works in the entertainment industry.

Second clue.  Like it or not O'Shea appears on TV and in print at least once a week speaking to the viewers and the press as part of his contractual obligation to convey information regarding a product he wishes to sell, "Bomber football" which can be classified as nothing but entertainment.   If those duties do not go well as with Mike Kelly, his performance in other aspects of his job may not matter very much.

Ultimately every coach will keep or lose his job depending on how well entertained the fans are.  Not surprisingly most fans derive much more pleasure from  winning than they do from losing. 

If you're wrong in your thoughts, you're going to get called out on it. Being a moderator is irrelevant. I'm not the only mod on this site to call out someone for being wrong, and I won't be the last. I've also been a moderator on other sites, and was not the only one to call out posters for being wrong. Being a moderator does not mean I can't tell someone their wrong. Yes you can have an opinion (that is why we're all here after all), but if that opinion is wrong, I'll tell you it's wrong, and I'll explain why you're wrong as well as I did in my previous post. I'm very confident in what I post and unlike you I can back up my arguments, and counter arguments with points that actually make sense. If I come across as a jerk or worse because of how I express myself, I'm not going to apologize for that. This isn't daycare, and it's not my fault if you or others don't have a thick skin when it comes to getting called out.

O'Shea's number one goal is winning. Period. End of story. Making sure the fans and media are entertained AS we win is not in the least in his job description. If the job of a coach was to entertain the fans and media in press conferences, Bill Belichek would have been fired a long time ago. O'Shea conducts himself as a professional coach who is focused on winning. Maybe people aren't use to that based on other coaches we've had here recently but as a whole when you look at winning coaches in general (yes there are exceptions here and there) they all act in the same way. O'Shea is cut from the same cloth.

No Moore, no Wild. Not feeling good because I don't think we're a deep enough team to get by without those guys.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst today.

Moore especially is a big loss that I don't think is talked about enough. It really is telling that the slump really has coincided with all the games he has missed. The depth at receiver is just brutal and we can't get by without out best guy.