Willy is one tough son of a mother ...

IC Khari

Despite settling for the third or maybe fourth quarterback option in the off-season, we just might have the next Ricky Ray in our fold. Now to figure out how to keep him from getting seriously killed behind that O-line.

Still refuse to acknowledge that our lead scout went on record no less to say that the numbers wanted Willy as the best option huh.. Not too shocking as that would indicate the bombers did a positive thing..

Despite settling for the third or maybe fourth quarterback option in the off-season, we just might have the next Ricky Ray in our fold. Now to figure out how to keep him from getting seriously killed behind that O-line.

I do not like the comparison to Ray, they're different qbs. Let's let Willy be his own qb because it looks like it could be quite the legacy of his own if we get him some more support. 

I like Willy a lot -- but he seems like a bit of a baby. 

Mid week, in practice -- reportedly "injures throwing hand, falls down writhing in pain." By end of practice is supposedly "fine." O'Shea, when asked about it by Irving, seems almost a little embarrassed (the defensive player in him) saying "it didn't seem too bad."

Then during the game, gets his ankle rolled. Writhing on the field like he blew his ACL. I thought by his reaction he was done for the season. Comes back literally the next series and limps for all of 5 steps.

I dunno -- can you picture Dunigan or Khari doing that?

Our boy needs a bit of toughness I think....

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.  I'm going to assume you are not.  Did you SEE the play?  That LOOKED nasty.  I think it was the BC Sask game where Durant went down and rolled around like a goddamn soccer player, looked around, then walked off sheepishly.  No way was that Willy did, not to mention that was the only time he showed any pain all season during a game.  What a stupid post...

To me Willy is the best thing we've had since Khari and there's a lot of similarities between the two. They just keep popping up after taking a beating, the game is never out of reach with them at the controls. Just wish we had a Stegall and a Roberts on this team to give Willy some more support. 

And a lot of people would say that Khari's career got shortchanged due to injuries from playing behind our crap Oline.

This Willy kid is the real deal.  Hopefully our Oline gets a massive upgrade by the start of next year so Willy's career doesn't go the way of Khari's.

I like Willy a lot -- but he seems like a bit of a baby. 

Mid week, in practice -- reportedly "injures throwing hand, falls down writhing in pain." By end of practice is supposedly "fine." O'Shea, when asked about it by Irving, seems almost a little embarrassed (the defensive player in him) saying "it didn't seem too bad."

Then during the game, gets his ankle rolled. Writhing on the field like he blew his ACL. I thought by his reaction he was done for the season. Comes back literally the next series and limps for all of 5 steps.

I dunno -- can you picture Dunigan or Khari doing that?

Our boy needs a bit of toughness I think....

I can't tell if you're kidding or not.  I'm going to assume you are not.  Did you SEE the play?  That LOOKED nasty.  I think it was the BC Sask game where Durant went down and rolled around like a goddamn soccer player, looked around, then walked off sheepishly.  No way was that Willy did, not to mention that was the only time he showed any pain all season during a game.  What a stupid post...

Yes I SAW the play. And I also HEARD the comments from Irving and O'Shea. 

Durant is hardly the poster boy for a tough as nail player either but that's your comparison, not mine. 

To me Willy is the best thing we've had since Khari and there's a lot of similarities between the two. They just keep popping up after taking a beating, the game is never out of reach with them at the controls. Just wish we had a Stegall and a Roberts on this team to give Willy some more support. 

And a lot of people would say that Khari's career got shortchanged due to injuries from playing behind our crap Oline.

This Willy kid is the real deal.  Hopefully our Oline gets a massive upgrade by the start of next year so Willy's career doesn't go the way of Khari's.

There is no question about that. His shoulder got ****** from the hits he took. 

Doesn't change the fact you didn't retract that silly comment about Willy's toughness.

Cause I'm not retracting it. 

I don't know the extent of his injury (or injuries) or lack thereof. Neither do you.

So I can't say he is "tough" in the way that Khari and Milt and Dunigan were (just to name a few). 

I can say that he has done the "writing on the ground" thing multiple times in games and in practice, and APPEARS to not have physical injury. 

Milt played half a season with broken ribs. They didnt reveal it til after the season was wrapped. THAT is tough.

To say that Willy hasn't shown toughness after all the hits he has taken, shaken off, and played through, is just plain wrong, despite the "writing" on the ground thing you pointed out.

I disagree. Our o-line has been below average and Willy hasn't had tons of time, but its been way better than some previous years. 

I remember Khari getting sacked 11 times in one game -- at home no less. (against MTL)

To say that Willy hasn't shown toughness after all the hits he has taken, shaken off, and played through, is just plain wrong, despite the "writing" on the ground thing you pointed out.

I disagree. Our o-line has been below average and Willy hasn't had tons of time, but its been way better than some previous years. 

I remember Khari getting sacked 11 times in one game -- at home no less. (against MTL)

You can disagree and be wrong or just admit that Willy has shown toughness that has been lacking for awhile.

Geez, we're not voting for the toughest player of the century here, just showing a little empathy and a pat on the back for efforts through trying conditions.

Can't you realize that it doesn't take playing on a broken leg to show toughness?