Teemu's jersey

They won't retire numbers but the Jets have hinted that they may honour former players at some point.

Hull, Hawerchuk, Steen, Selanne all come to mind.

My guess is they don't do this until attendance starts to slump, and use it to sell the place out.   Same with the retro Jets jersey.

They won't retire numbers but the Jets have hinted that they may honour former players at some point.

My guess is they don't do this until attendance starts to slump, and use it to sell the place out. Same with the retro Jets jersey.

I'm not sure we'll ever see the retro Jets jersey in action. True North has tried to distance themselves from it as much as possible. Even the employees who pick people for on-ice contests are told not to select fans wearing the old jersey.

My guess is they don't do this until attendance starts to slump, and use it to sell the place out. Same with the retro Jets jersey.

I'm not sure we'll ever see the retro Jets jersey in action. True North has tried to distance themselves from it as much as possible. Even the employees who pick people for on-ice contests are told not to select fans wearing the old jersey.

I agree it won't happen anytime soon. But in another 10 years and the novelty of the Jets being back has completely worn off and they've established the new brand ... The money to be made on retro jerseys will be too big for them to refuse.

Selanne also wore two different numbers while he was with the Jets. Do you retire the number 13 that he wore during the majestic rookie season, or the 8 he became known for as his career continued?

He's #8 in Anaheim so that'll be the number they retire, I'm sure.

I'm not sure we ever see the current Jets wear a "retro" jersey, I could see them though unveiling a new 3rd jersey though sometime soon, Perhaps something similar to the current one... like the "arm patch" they currently use becomes the "logo" they use on the third jersey or something as simple as just

JETS on it, like you see on some shirts they sell. 

Selanne also wore two different numbers while he was with the Jets. Do you retire the number 13 that he wore during the majestic rookie season, or the 8 he became known for as his career continued?

He's #8 in Anaheim so that'll be the number they retire, I'm sure.

I meant if the Jets ever retire his number

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure we ever see the current Jets wear a "retro" jersey, I could see them though unveiling a new 3rd jersey though sometime soon, Perhaps something similar to the current one... like the "arm patch" they currently use becomes the "logo" they use on the third jersey or something as simple as just

JETS on it, like you see on some shirts they sell.

I thought I heard something about a third jersey being based on one of the old WHA designs, but I can't find the link now. Otherwise, I kinda like the idea of the shoulder patch wings and crossed sticks being used as a third jersey design. Of all the new Jets logos, that one is my favorite