Hefney coaching?

Mike

Hef was a victim of 'Joe Mack cheap' and Burke's ego... funny how fans have thrown that guy under the bus - he was, and likely still is, a player. Not his fault that he pointed out that our management and coaching staff sucked.

Geez and I thought he was released because he refused to move to LB.

Hef was a victim of 'Joe Mack cheap' and Burke's ego... funny how fans have thrown that guy under the bus - he was, and likely still is, a player. Not his fault that he pointed out that our management and coaching staff sucked.

That and he had lost a step.. He didnt find it in calgary if memory serves either... Helluva DB when he was in his prime tho, no doubt..

He got released because he was facing marijuana possession charges.  The LB controversy was in 2012.

Exactly, unlike our neighbors to the West, we actually require our players not to act like clowns away from the field. I have no problem with the Hefney release...never did. The Riders are now finding out what happens to clowns when their heads swell, just as we did after 2011.

could be this...

jonathan hefney         @hefney23 Follow

Thinking bout doing a one day camp in WPG... Love that city and those kids let me put my thinking cap on

Thing is, I'm not sure if there's a room in the roster for him right now. We have Suber, Markett, Dumas still haven't seeing any playing time because of the production of the guys ahead of them.

@Goalie, @Rich, @gbill2004 ... i'm not suggesting the Bombers will gonna sign him.

Obivously, I know he's going to Winnipeg to teach kids. I'm the one who posted the tweet... duh.

You're kinda running in circles here... first you say he's here for a one day camp... then suggest there isn't room for him on the roster... then vehemently deny that you suggested we were signing him.... which you did

Anyways, nice to have him back in town... I'm sure he'll have some good tidbits for the youngsters of this town

Good for Hefney.  He was unfairly villainized in the media, and I'm glad he's giving back to the community.  Even if for profit, it's nice that Winnipeg youth football players can go to a camp of a popular former Bomber. 

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, what's a marijuana charge on a pro football player?  It's a mistake, and hopefully something Hef can choose to own up to when teaching these kids about good off-field habits.

Good for Hefney.  He was unfairly villainized in the media,

How so? He was one of the biggest me first players we've had.... yeah he was damned good as a player for a few years but that was several years ago and he wouldn't do whatever the team needed him to do so **** him. 

Still remember Hefney on the post gamer, after Burke's debut - 56-0 against the Riders....stating that the overall effort "was fine" and that he was satisfied with his play.  Doug and Mitch were literally speechless for a moment, as was I.

Hef learned quickly from his coach to take absolutely no responsibility I guess ;)