Claude Noel Career Trak

Has anyone heard whether Claude has found work in the NHL?

I suspect he'll never head coach again. First, he's nearly 60 and second his head coaching record is mediocre at best.

Probably take this year off as he's still being paid under his old Jets contract.

No point taking an assistant's job with another team and losing his Jet cheques.

Perhaps he'll do a bit of media but TSN won't need too many more guys at the panel table cuz they don't have the games anymore.

Don't think Noel is the kinda guy Sportsnet/Rogers would want. 

Perhaps TSN1290 could use him for spot segements but thats chicken feed - Jets already have top notch color guy in Shane Hnidy. Brian Munz is one of the weaker pbp men in recent history but he's a good house-boy for the team (his description of games lacks any descriptive or story-telling; its mostly a wad of stats meshed with a very basic description of the action)

I do think Claude was planning a move out of Winnipeg. Does anybody know about this?

I think he can still score some work as a guest coach for old buddies like Hitchcock or Trotz without affecting his Jet cheques.

He'll work Al but he's still under paid contract to the Jets. (this year only).....so his eagerness to take an assistant's job in the NHL or other job in the AHL or ECHL is tempered by his contractual situation. I'm sure the Jets wouldn't mind releasing Claude from his 'obligations' but so far no biters for his services as far as I can tell. Thats why I asked if others had specific knowledge.

Weird timing to decide to pile on Claude Noel.  Very strong AHL experience and NHL HC of two teams (Blue Jackets and Jets).  He's seemingly thought of pretty highly.  Lots of coaches get fired (in fact pretty much all of them).  I wouldnt worry about Noel.  I'd suspect he signs on with an AHL team with the thought process that he's work his way back up the organization to the NHL.

He'll work Al but he's still under paid contract to the Jets. (this year only).....so his eagerness to take an assistant's job in the NHL or other job in the AHL or ECHL is tempered by his contractual situation. I'm sure the Jets wouldn't mind releasing Claude from his 'obligations' but so far no biters for his services as far as I can tell. Thats why I asked if others had specific knowledge.

But you're not asking if he'll work. You're just assuming he won't. Big difference. The guy will work at some point. He's being paid not to by the Jets.

Claude was a hard working head coach maybe just not NHL material. He was a good soldier & I think everyone hopes he is a success wherever he goes from here.

I agree. Not quite NHL calibre but top dog type in AHL. Could also be a really good junior coach aka Brandon???

• 8 months later...