Jets Sign Mathieu Perreault

Great signing. Much younger and faster than jokinen. Same stats in less games.

He's played second line at points with great Ducks team. Good FO guy. Will make third line a scoring line.

Very small. But knows how to play. I wonder if buff and Thorburn ride shotgun with him on the 3rd line. I suspect we're looking for another winger. Jussi would have been great on his left side with buff on the right. Oh well.

Great signing. Much younger and faster than jokinen. Same stats in less games.

He's played second line at points with great Ducks team. Good FO guy. Will make third line a scoring line.

Very small. But knows how to play. I wonder if buff and Thorburn ride shotgun with him on the 3rd line. I suspect we're looking for another winger. Jussi would have been great on his left side with buff on the right. Oh well.

oh god if thorburn is on our 3rd line, we are in trouble. Thorburn is a 4th liner at best, actually should be the 13th forward in all reality. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if buff is traded in a week or 2. Thorburn is not good, i hope to god he's not on our 3rd line, if he is, we are in trouble. 

Buff - Perreault - Frolik makes a nice third line, but that leaves us with 5 in our top 6. Chevy said he would like to add a top 6 fwd still, but I'm not sure who he's talking about unless he's got a trade percolating.

If the price is right maybe Dany F***in' Heatley could fit... He's only 33, but his last two years have been BAD, not top 6 material.

Ribeiro, Legwand, Vrbata, are a few out there who could play a top 6 role.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/

Sure, they can play a top six role for us if we decide to run a McDavid campaign.

Why don't you think Vrbata is a good player? He's put up decent numbers the past three seasons while playing with guys who aren't known for their offensive accumen.

Sure, they can play a top six role for us if we decide to run a McDavid campaign.

Why don't you think Vrbata is a good player? He's put up decent numbers the past three seasons while playing with guys who aren't known for their offensive accumen.
Maybe you're right, he could possibly have a few good, productive years left if he's in the right situation as he enters his mid-30s. There's a lot of interest in him so we'd have to pay to find out.

Also interesting you'd refer to Scheifele as an "older-youngster" which I take to mean someone who you think is more or less finished his development.

No. That's not what I meant. I meant guys who have been here a while, and not Lowry, Morrisey, among others who are often being referred to as young guys in our system who could potentially fill holes this year.

Scheifele finished his development? Maybe my wording was a bit odd, but sheesh I didn't think id be perceived as an idiot!

Maybe you're right, he could possibly have a nice few years as he enters his mid-30s. There's a lot of interest in him so we'd have to pay to find out.

Also interesting you'd refer to Scheifele as an "older-youngster" which I take to mean someone who you think is more or less finished his development.

No. That's not what I meant. I meant guys who have been here a while, and not Lowry, Morrisey, among others who are often being referred to as young guys in our system who could potentially fill holes this year.

Scheifele finished his development? Maybe my wording was a bit odd, but sheesh I didn't think id be perceived as an idiot!

Haha, you're good, no worries. My misunderstanding.

all three are legit top 6 players on most teams in the league
Ribiero is an idiot, who will be trending downward soon if not already, and Legwand... You might want to omit him from your statement.

Ribiero is an idiot, who will be trending downward soon if not already, and Legwand... You might want to omit him from your statement.

**** that Legwand has been underrated his entire career, he's a good player. Not a star but he's a damned good 2C option. 

**** that Legwand has been underrated his entire career, he's a good player. Not a star but he's a damned good 2C option. 

Legwand is your NHL Stoddard.

Prior to the Perreault signing I would have had Legwand as a decent pickup for 3rd line center.  Definitely not wanting him on our top 2 lines.  Like the Perreault signing way better than Legwand.  Young and fast, good on the dot.  Put a couple of decent wingers with him and teams now have to defend against 3 lines.

Thorburn stays on the 4th line TUP.