Jets Sign Mathieu Perreault

I think what you will see is a trade with a team for a top 6 player to play with ladd and little, bumping frolik down to the third line to play with perreault. A team like Boston (Marchand), Chicago (Sharp)(Bickell), Philly (Read).  These are 3 teams that are over (chicago is over the cap), philly and boston are close and need to sign plenty of players still.

I think that's what Chevy meant. I don't see Vrbata Legwand or Riberio coming here (Riberio has the same problem malone has and was bought out so he can seek treatment, that's not a guy TNSE would go after EVER)

Because those teams are over or near the cap, something like rights to Burmistrov plus draft pick in next years draft (3rd round,4th round etc type stuff)

By my rough count Legwand would be the #2 centre on approx. 1/3 of the teams in the league.

With Little and Scheifele here, i don't think he'd be a 2 centre here. 

Not sure if he'd go back there but.. Nashville seems to lack centre depth, he'd probably be a good  fit there.

Frolik wont get an offer sheet (is he even allowed to?).  He will end up with a nice big contract with the Jets.

Jets actually are going to go to arbitration with frolik although i dont think it will come to that, they did the same thing with frolik they did with bogo little and wheeler. I'm not sure what its called but he will be a jet next season for sure, and probably for 3 or 4 more years, both want a "long term" contract from my understanding, the jets doing what they did is just a way to make sure frolik is a jet next season, but like i said, i suspect he will sign for 3 or 4 years. 

It's club initiated arbitration. It's just a tool to retain his rights. No one likes arbitration so they will come to a deal. I'd suspect 4-5 year deal.

Considering it's Frolik and who we have as up and comers, I think the Jets management would rather see a two to three year deal max imo.

It's club initiated arbitration. It's just a tool to retain his rights. No one likes arbitration so they will come to a deal. I'd suspect 4-5 year deal.

Considering it's Frolik and who we have as up and comers, I think the Jets management would rather see a two to three year deal max imo.

Frolik is a good player though, he might not be a consistent top 6 but he's a very good bottom 6, put him on the third line and he's all right. He can kill penalties, is responsible defensively, and from all accounts, is a good guy in the room, 3-4 is my guess, 5 seems too long.