rain?

SPuDS

Are they operating the floodway? The river is crazy high.

I havent heard anything on this yet.  I believe there are hoops to jump through in operating the floodway to control river levels outside of spring flooding.  What year was it, 2006 or 2007 -ish that we had rain all summer and they operated the floodway? 

Are they operating the floodway? The river is crazy high.

I havent heard anything on this yet.  I believe there are hoops to jump through in operating the floodway to control river levels outside of spring flooding.  What year was it, 2006 or 2007 -ish that we had rain all summer and they operated the floodway?

2010 as iirc. Probably 3-4 more times as well over the last decade or so. The river has been running high for several years now. The erosion must be pretty bad also.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a drop of rain at the Calgary Stampede this year which is amazing.  Usually, there are nice days mixed in with hot, cold, rain & thunderstorms. This year,it's been warm &b dry the entire 10 days. Today is the last day.

It's usually really hot during stampede with storms in the evenings... but yeah been super hot these past few days. Shame I was stuck working. Finally get summer and I work through it. Hope it lasts until I'm done.