The TV Thread

I guess it would make sense, mostly because a majority of the people that did guest host have day jobs (I can't see Mayim Bialik juggling this and Call Me Kat, plus I think Aaron Rodgers signed a new contract), and although Ken Jennings works for the show as a consultant role he's also one of the chasers on the chase (it's actually more entertaining than one would think)

https://tvline.com/2021/08/04/jeopardy-host-mike-richards-permanent-alex-trebek-replacement/

Edited by iHeart

So I just signed up for Apple TV to watch Ted Lasso.... Man oh man what a show. "Unrelenting positivity" is what I'd read about it, and it's so true. I defy anyone to watch this and not feel better about life after watching an ep. Not quite finished S1 yet, but so far so great! (and I really don't care for soccer, but it really doesn't even matter...) 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So I just signed up for Apple TV to watch Ted Lasso.... Man oh man what a show. "Unrelenting positivity" is what I'd read about it, and it's so true. I defy anyone to watch this and not feel better about life after watching an ep. Not quite finished S1 yet, but so far so great! (and I really don't care for soccer, but it really doesn't even matter...) 

You did not get a new apple device recently did you? I think they still have that free year offer.

So it looks like what we have so far for Masked SInger Season 6: A Dalmatian, a Hamster, and a Mallard Duck. What DO they have planned this season, this means either they are going back to the Group ABC thing or it's supersized again

I knew it, it just be a supersized season this season otherwise there wouldn't be a double unmasking in the season premiere

https://ew.com/tv/the-masked-singer-season-6-mallard-hamster-costumes/

They just revealed Queen of Hearts and Cupcake

a banana split and sundae have been added (a couple perhaps? or a former couple? my guess would be Jack and Meg White)

Edited by iHeart

New ‘Jeopardy!’ host Mayim Bialik also faces scrutiny for ‘shaming’ Harvey Weinstein’s victims

By MARTHA ROSS | Bay Area News Group

After Mayim Bialik was named one of the new hosts of “Jeopardy!” this week, she was forced to clarify that she’s not anti-vaccine after social media users focused on her 2012 comments about her hesitancy to vaccinate her children.

Bialik’s positions on vaccines may not be the only past troubling comments she’ll need to answer for, as questions remain over the way she and longtime executive producer Mike Richards were selected to replace the late Alex Trebek.

The Daily Beast reported that the “Big Bang Theory” alum sparked controversy in October 2017, shortly after powerful Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein was exposed as a serial sexual predator in groundbreaking investigative news stories that sparked the #MeToo movement.

At the height of national outrage over the extent of Weinstein’s alleged abuses, Bialik penned a controversial New York Times op-ed. She argued that she had never been sexually harassed or assaulted in Hollywood because she’s a “nontraditional looking” actress who chooses to dress modestly.

The Daily Beast’s entertainment reporter Tirhakah Love brought up Bialik’s problematic comments about vaccines and Weinstein’s victims to raise questions about the way ABC went about selecting a new “Jeopardy!” host. The network created a lot of fanfare about bringing in a number of celebrity guest hosts to audition, raising fans’ hope that the network was truly interested in looking at diverse candidates, Love explained.

It appears that the show already had an insider — Richards — primed for the role. Richards will take over the primary hosting duties, while Bialik will host “Jeopardy!” spin-off competitions. This week, Richards also was reminded of his own past issues, being implicated in multiple pregnancy discrimination and wrongful termination lawsuits while producing “The Price Is Right,” the Daily Beast also reported.

To her credit, Bialik was a highly popular choice for many “Jeopardy!” fans, but Levar Burton also had an enthusiastic fan base, and the former host of the groundbreaking children’s show “Reading Rainbow” might not have as much baggage as Bialik, as Love pointed out.

That luggage includes her Oct. 13, 2017 New York Times op-ed, titled “Being a Feminist in Harvey Weinstein’s World.” In her column, Bialik at first seemed intent on shedding light on how powerful men in Hollywood like Weinstein could get away with victimizing multiple women.

After castigating the entertainment industry for its long and sordid history of objectifying and exploiting women, Bialik drew social media fury for explaining there are upsides to not being “a perfect 10.”

“Those of us in Hollywood who don’t represent an impossible standard of beauty have the ‘luxury’ of being overlooked,” she said, “and, in many cases, ignored by men in power unless we can make them money.” She then implied that she’s been “overlooked” by predators because she has always dressed modestly and never acted flirtatiously with men.

It took Bialik about five days to figure out why people were so mad at her for appearing to blame victims for being assaulted. Advocates for survivors said she failed to understand that men who abuse women are less interested in sex and more turned on by humiliating women and exerting power.

‘Star Trek’ Actress Nichelle Nichols Struggling With Dementia, Trapped in Conservatorship Battle: Report
-Getty
Nichelle Nichols, the actress who played the beloved Nyota Uhura in Star Trek, is caught at the center of a years-long conservatorship battle made worse by her bout with dementia, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Kyle Johnson, her only child, claimed his mother could be exploited due to her dementia and sought a petition for her conservatorship, which he won, in 2018. Johnson alleges that Gilbert Bell, Nichols’ former manager, has used his used his influence to take control of Nichols’ assets and personal affairs. Bell, in turn, has filed a lawsuit against Johnson claiming he is orchestrating an “aggressive” attempt to remove him from Nichols’ guest home. (In a countersuit, Johnson accuses Nichols of taking “control over Ms. Nichols’ assets and personal affairs” as her dementia worsened.)

Angelique Fawcette, a friend of Nichols whom the actress named as her successor, claims that Bell left the home in a state of “disrepair” even as he took care of Nichols’ meals and medical appointments—and that Bell proposed that he marry Nichols, prompting concern from her family and friends. However, Fawcette objected to Johnson’s petition for conservatorship as she believes the former actress can manage her own affairs.

Incoming ‘Jeopardy!’ Host Mike Richards Apologizes For Sexist Remarks

Newly minted “Jeopardy!” host Mike Richards issued an apology Wednesday night for sexist, crass remarks about women he made on a former podcast, the latest bout of controversy following his coronation as the new face of the beloved game show.

The mea culpa came shortly after The Ringer published details from the podcast, called “The Randumb Show,” that Richards hosted from 2013 to 2014 while he was producing “The Price Is Right.” In episodes reviewed by the site, Richards at times called his co-host, Beth Triffon, a “booth ho” and “booth ****” after she spoke about working as a model at a trade show. In others, he compared women’s Halloween costumes as prostitute outfits, commented on former female co-workers’ weight and appearance, and disparaged Triffon’s economic status.

Richards said the comments were “a terribly embarrassing moment of misjudgment, thoughtlessness, and insensitivity from nearly a decade ago.” All episodes of the show were wiped from the Internet on Tuesday after The Ringer asked about his remarks. 

Incoming ‘Jeopardy!’ Host Mike Richards Apologizes For Sexist Remarks | HuffPost

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This constant digging up of everything a person has ever said or done has to stop.

honestly I'm wondering how far the fans are willing to go to get LeVar the job, I mean even he's over it, he feels like he won because he got to guest host

Edited by iHeart