The TV Thread

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What are you streaming it through? And what do you think of it?

I downloaded the Android app on my phone. 

I'll use Chromecast for the family room and get the D+ app for TV in the bedroom.

I like the selection. Tons of Mickey cartoons, new and old. Old movies, like Bed knobs and Broomsticks. New Marvels movies, including Endgame. I'm excited to watch The Mandalorian tonight. Mupppets! Some older, cool movies like the Sandlot. 

The app was slow this morning to show everything but it seems to be loading now. 

I will be getting Disney Plus once I'm home from work,   I'll be using it off a browser and also the Xbox One.      I'll give an update once I get a chance to play with it. 

For those who have not already watched....  Disney has a 3 hour trailer showing all of their shows/movies available on day one.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I will be getting Disney Plus once I'm home from work,   I'll be using it off a browser and also the Xbox One.      I'll give an update once I get a chance to play with it. 

For those who have not already watched....  Disney has a 3 hour trailer showing all of their shows/movies available on day one.

I am amazed at how big the back catalogue is. Some, great, great old live action movies and Disney films. 

Edited by JCon

Alrighty I bought the yearly subscription,   tried it out on three different devices. 

On Xbox one it runs flawlessly , menus load quickly and everything was snappy.      Same with my Windows 10 computer using Chrome.

On my Linux machine using Firefox it wouldn't play the videos.    

Overall everything is very easy to use (my  7  year old figured it out quickly) , the interface is slick and basic and the video/audio quality seems good to me.  

Mine had been flawless so far from my Pixel to the Chromecast dongle on my TV. So much content, hard to decide where to begin, even. I'm here mostly for the Marvel content but I'm sure there'll be other stuff (Disney flicks, Simpsons) that well get use out of...