The TV Thread

Admittedly, I'm avoiding talking about the game I just witnessed but I wanted to update on the Country Music doc.

I'm through the third episode and Hank Williams (no spoiler, ;)) has just passed. I'm really enjoying this series. So much so, that I was out today and picked up a Roy Acuff album. Incredible how the Grand Ole Opry is just a mecca. Always knew it but this series is hammering it home. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Admittedly, I'm avoiding talking about the game I just witnessed but I wanted to update on the Country Music doc.

I'm through the third episode and Hank Williams (no spoiler, ;)) has just passed. I'm really enjoying this series. So much so, that I was out today and picked up a Roy Acuff album. Incredible how the Grand Ole Opry is just a mecca. Always knew it but this series is hammering it home. 

I thought Hank passed away the first ep?

As for the Bombers, that franchise is dead to me. I welcome their demise.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ya the series starts in like the early 1900s and Hank doesn't die till 52. There's a lot of info. The stuff from the 50s thru the 70s was probably most entertaining to me. 

OMG i missed an ep then. This is joy.

PS JOY: I thought Peter Coyote was dead as well. Glad to see he still kicking.

On 2019-10-20 at 2:15 AM, Noeller said:

Ya the series starts in like the early 1900s and Hank doesn't die till 52. There's a lot of info. The stuff from the 50s thru the 70s was probably most entertaining to me. 

The Story of George Jones. His struggle with drug addictions, alcoholism,  four wives then put in straight jackets & committed to mental institutions more than once on both counts. Missed so many shows because of drugs & alcohol he was nicknamed "No Show Jones" & was sued for millions by angry promoters.  From multi millionaire & fame to bankruptcy & homelessness. Then makes the huge comeback with He Stopped Loving Her Today in 1980. That is just unbelievable stuff.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

The cancelled prequel was set 10,000 years before GOT.  The one they ordered is set 300 years before.  I wonder if that’s why?  Perhaps they thought 10,000 years was too far removed. 

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So weird they had were considering 2 prequels.

HBO confirmed a while ago that while they had multiple concepts (5 according to GRRM), they only planned to have one show.

"We had four scripts in development when I arrived in LA last week, but by the time I left we had five," George RR Martin said in a blog post.

But HBO's President of Programming Casey Bloys then took it upon himself to clarify what was actually happening, announcing that while several shows are in development, HBO only expects to produce one in the end: "The idea is not to do four shows [or five, as we now know]."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a835085/game-of-thrones-prequel-spin-off-show-cast-date-ideas/