The TV Thread

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

HBO confirmed a while ago that while they had multiple concepts (5 according to GRRM), they only planned to have one show.

"We had four scripts in development when I arrived in LA last week, but by the time I left we had five," George RR Martin said in a blog post.

But HBO's President of Programming Casey Bloys then took it upon himself to clarify what was actually happening, announcing that while several shows are in development, HBO only expects to produce one in the end: "The idea is not to do four shows [or five, as we now know]."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a835085/game-of-thrones-prequel-spin-off-show-cast-date-ideas/

Toughest part in all of this might be to convince people to come back and the ship-show ending.

Havent had a chance to start watching Watchmen yet, whats everyone thinking about it?  I wasnt really that interested until I read its a sequel to the comic story and not a re-telling.  Sounds really interesting.  I LOVED the film (one of the best movies of all time in my humble opinion).

Anyone watch The Deuce?  It had its series finale this past Monday.  The series only went 3 seasons and had a large drop in viewers every season.  It originally replaced Vinyl as HBO's New York period drama.  I loved Vinyl and think it was more interesting than the Deuce.  Deuce was really well acted and looked beautiful but I found it a bit convoluted...a lot of storylines & characters.  It also drove me nuts with its sound mix that had the dialogue somewhat lost in the background noise.

But this season was really good (probably because they had to finish everything up) with some surprising deaths.  Great finale that ended with a time jump to present day Times Square.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Havent had a chance to start watching Watchmen yet, whats everyone thinking about it?  I wasnt really that interested until I read its a sequel to the comic story and not a re-telling.  Sounds really interesting.  I LOVED the film (one of the best movies of all time in my humble opinion).

Anyone watch The Deuce?  It had its series finale this past Monday.  The series only went 3 seasons and had a large drop in viewers every season.  It originally replaced Vinyl as HBO's New York period drama.  I loved Vinyl and think it was more interesting than the Deuce.  Deuce was really well acted and looked beautiful but I found it a bit convoluted...a lot of storylines & characters.  It also drove me nuts with its sound mix that had the dialogue somewhat lost in the background noise.

But this season was really good (probably because they had to finish everything up) with some surprising deaths.  Great finale that ended with a time jump to present day Times Square.

Watchmen - I've enjoyed both episodes so far. It's weird but in a good way. I'm excited to see where it goes. 

Nada on Deuce. 

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I've tried to watch the Deuce a few times, it seems alright but not super compelling, I may give it a try again someday if I can't find anything else  worth watching.  

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

17 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

3 eps in. Like it , no understand it.

I watched episode 3 last night. My memory of the Watchmen comic is very poor. So much so, that I've requested it from the library in order to read it again.

I'm going to discuss some mildly spoiler info below...

Spoiler

Interesting that we learned that these events take place 30 years following the end of the Watchmen. 

I'm curious about the broader "hero" community and Laurie Jupiter (Blake) as the hero hunter. 

well this is a bummer I really wanted to see where it would go from there

Spoiler

Especially since it turned out that even though Brian might not be Zach's father, but Jason might. Also it would have been fun to see who else would have shown up

https://tvline.com/2019/11/07/bh90210-cancelled-season-2-fox/

https://tvline.com/2019/11/07/weeds-revival-sequel-series-mary-louise-parker-nancy-botwin/

When I was in Seattle visiting my son & his wife a month ago, I started watching a show called Another Life. Aliens made contact with Earth leaving a huge crystal shell on our planet.  We are trying to communicate with it but we also sent a spaceship that travels the speed of light in search of the alien's home world so that we can make contact with them. Katee Sackhoff of Battlestar Galactica & Longmire stars as the Captain of the Earth ship.  I got into it when I was there but don't have Neflix at home. Looking forward to seeing the remaining 5 episodes that I haven't seen when we go back down for Xmas. Has anyone else watched this show? If so, what are your thoughts? Critics hate it. No idea why the writers wanted such an undisciplined & dysfunctional crew of 20 somethings in the storyline.

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When I was in Seattle visiting my son & his wife a month ago, I started watching a show called Another Life. Aliens made contact with Earth leaving a huge crystal shell on our planet.  We are trying to communicate with it but we also sent a spaceship that travels the speed of light in search of the alien's home world so that we can make contact with them. Katee Sackhoff of Battlestar Galactica & Longmire stars as the Captain of the Earth ship.  I got into it when I was there but don't have Neflix at home. Looking forward to seeing the remaining 5 episodes that I haven't seen when we go back down for Xmas. Has anyone else watched this show? If so, what are your thoughts? Critics hate it. No idea why the writers wanted such an undisciplined & dysfunctional crew of 20 somethings in the storyline.

My comment...

It makes me miss Dark Matter badly. I hope I do not see Another Life in another year.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

While the series has plenty of flaws I must be one of the few who like it. Although I wasn't sad to see the foul mouthed Michelle Vargas get killed off.

That's the only redeeming thing about the show, lots of spare crewman.

Major fail on the person who hired all these people. The oil guys from Armageddon look like they were more qualified.