Is Glenn only as good as the team around him? Brown thinks so ...

IC Khari

The more I think about Glenn the more I am starting to have that "been there done that" sort of feeling, and I'm not sure I want the team to get into that. The goal for this team is to get this team to a Grey Cup championship and actually win the thing. We know QB is an important element of that. Glenn may have save for a broken arm, won one in 2007 (we'll never know and Riderfans will argue forever on that), but he sure as heck didn't win one in 2012 or 2013 on a good team. Yes he played well during the regular season but it still makes me wonder if he truly is just good enough to get you into the playoffs and that's all. I am of the opinion now that we need to develop the guys we have (with a better system) and see how it plays out. Ya, I know everyone is going to say that hasn't worked before, why now but what other choice do we have?  Ottawa right now wants too much for Glenn and he wants to start. Those are problems IMO that could hinder the development of the young guys that may develop into the future for this team. If we can get him for nothing and he doesn't mind playing backup that changes things somewhat, why not? As it stands now though, I don't think it's a good idea to bring him in.

I've got that "been there, done that" feeling about being a really bad team without a #1 QB.  Honestly, I'm in favor of whatever helps turn this team around.  If that involves KG as an experienced backup at a minor price, I'm game.  If it involves a KG that's going to be a malcontent if acquired to be our backup... we can't have that.  There's not an available starting job out there... so if I'm Glenn, I'm satisfied to take a backup gig at this juncture, just to get out of Ottawa.  The question is... Winnipeg where the starter is essentially a rookie, or BC, where the starter is unquestioned, but a guy that plays a risky style and has been injured of late.

At this point, it really doesnt matter what Glenn wants.. he is a commodity, to be bought or sold. his GM is a prick who wont take his concerns or wants into the equation until a deal is made and then in the media will say "blah blah kevins best interests at heart... Yadayada.."

Ottawa probably will hold him hostage because he really is a cap friendly backup QB at this point.. Would be hilarious to see Glenn steal the starters gig in tc/preseason or due to injury and watch burr-ass ride pine and then get cut due to high salary :D

when you look at the qbs who have played a long time lately, thinking Burris and Calvillo here, they have both been quite healthy and as soon as Calvillo started to take some hits and get hurt he was done pretty quick. Glenn isn't like that he's a pretty beat up player already in terms of injuries he's had and how often he does seem to come up hurt when he gets hit. Couple years I think are all you could realistically expect to get out of the guy. I think that's why he wants to be a starter so bad, get a couple more bigger paydays in before it's all over. 

when you look at the qbs who have played a long time lately, thinking Burris and Calvillo here, they have both been quite healthy and as soon as Calvillo started to take some hits and get hurt he was done pretty quick. Glenn isn't like that he's a pretty beat up player already in terms of injuries he's had and how often he does seem to come up hurt when he get ****. Couple years I think are all you could realistically expect to get out of the guy. I think that's why he wants to be a starter so bad, get a couple more bigger paydays in before it's all over. 

I believe he's also on the last year of his contract (I could be wrong about that) so he'll wanna start and play well so he can cash in on his next contract

I'm not sure how much sense it makes for fans or players alike to try and project their longevity. The nature and risks associated with the game is such that they are one play away from the potential end of their carriers. Any organization that thinks or does not plan on those risks is ill prepared.

I'm not sure how much sense it makes for fans or players alike to try and project their longevity. The nature and risks associated with the game is such that they are one play away from the potential end of their carriers. Any organization that thinks or does not plan on those risks is ill prepared.

Yes, it's called depth and some teams are better at building it, sustaining it than others. We've stunk lately at this aspect and blame can probably be equally distributed among management, coaching, scouting and executives. Hopefully the new regime is better at it. 

I can't see Glenn making it past 2-3 years either.  Buck Pierce was a younger and "tougher" QB than Glenn and he got chewed up and spit out behind our lousy O-Line

There are 2 big differences between Glenn and Buck though, Glenn has a quick release and even bigger he can read the blitz pre snap and make the approriate adjustments.