Buck Pierce set to announce retirement today

"I wouldn't change anything I played the game the way that I felt this game should be played . . .'

Therein lies the achilles heel of Buck Pierce. It's not a necessarily a criticism because maybe he just didn't know deep down how to play anyway else. But the fact is, because he was unable to modify his game or reinvent himself in some capacity, we will never know how much more he could have achieved in this league. If he moves into coaching, he will need to learn how to modify his approach in efforts to improve.

So captain Blue...what do you base your opinion on? Cause everytime I've heard Buck interviewed, he speaks intelligently and seems to have a good understanding of the game. So before you share your opinion, you should really be able to back it up with some sort of facts or findings.

he did. Brandons a mentalist dontcha kno. He can look at someone and instantly know how intelligent they are or how much of a foot IQ. They have. Screw the fact he had some excellent seasons in the cfl, that he was helping out with offense while hurt and that he always seemed limited by physical attributes as opposed to brain cramps..

People need to really think before posting at times.. The "cuz i said so" defense is pretty played out already..

So captain Blue...what do you base your opinion on? Cause everytime I've heard Buck interviewed, he speaks intelligently and seems to have a good understanding of the game. So before you share your opinion, you should really be able to back it up with some sort of facts or findings.

he did. Brandons a mentalist dontcha kno. He can look at someone and instantly know how intelligent they are or how much of a foot IQ. They have. Screw the fact he had some excellent seasons in the cfl, that he was helping out with offense while hurt and that he always seemed limited by physical attributes as opposed to brain cramps..

People need to really think before posting at times.. The "cuz i said so" defense is pretty played out already..

I hope Capt Blue is not basing his opinion on the last few seasons. Warren Moon in his prime could not have done any better with the chicken crap schemes the team worked with. I'm really looking forward to the team instituting a real CFL offence from camp on this year to see if what I suspect is true ... Crowton's playbook really hurt this team more than most realize. Like putting 20 lb weights around each ankle. Sure MB's playbook may not rival the Eskies in their heyday but nothing can be as putrid as that thing we suffered through as fans the last 2 seasons. Buck wasn't responsible for that and can't be blamed IMO totally for the complete failure of the offence. When we had a semblance of one in 2011 we did alright I recall ...

Buck was a warrior and had a lot of heart..... this does  not mean he would be a great coach.    The guy will never go down as a Bomber legend and if we are going to hire coaches purely based on loyalty and or heart then why isn't Chris Walby our O-line coach??  Why isn't Troy Westwood in charge of our special teams?

Buck is a good guy, but dear lord he has the stink of failure all around him... this team needs to be cleansed of the horrible last several years and how can you rebuild and renew the team if you bring back guys who helped caused our failures.   

And before you use the injury excuses or crowton or lapo... remember not how the offense instantly kick started a few years back with Joey Elliott and how last year Max Hall outplayed him despite being a rookie in the CFL.   Buck was over rated and wouldn't even be in the top 15 all time Bomber qbs.    

The stink of failure.. Lmao, for reals man?

Yup. The team is dooooooomed DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED if we bring in buck pierce cuz his stank is oh so bad..

Smh. The things you put to text around here...

Why would you want to bring back any remnants of the key reasons of why we lost quite a bit from the last 2 years back to this new team??  It makes no sense to me at all.       We want change and you can't have change if you hang onto the crap that was a main reason on why you were so bad.

Try and separate Buck the person, from the player, and what he had to go through on our team and under our system.

Many, on this board, did not want Buck gone for any other reason than...the circumstances that he had to play under.

Buck would be welcome, in a intern-like position, and would be a fine rep. for the Blue Bombers, or any organization that he may represent.

He does not represent failure but rather the attitude to give your all in whatever you attempt to do.

That's what he should be held accountable for.