Drew Willy

gbill2004

I think the biggest thing this board has against Willy is that they've seen more of Collaros than they have of Willy.

My biggest knock is that he's got a silly last name.

Just think of how much other teams will loathe being lit up by a guy with a silly last name though...

As dumb as that sounds it's true. I hated when he and the riders kicked our ass back in 2012. Pissed me off getting beaten by a guy with that last name. You have a point, and I'm liking it.

I think the biggest thing this board has against Willy is that they've seen more of Collaros than they have of Willy.

Just think of how much other teams will loathe being lit up by a guy with a silly last name though...

As dumb as that sounds it's true. I hated when he and the riders kicked our ass back in 2012. Pissed me off getting beaten by a guy with that last name. You have a point, and I'm liking it.

Anyone remember Rocky Butler?  Not sure any Bomber loss has pissed me off as much...

Just imagine all the Willy jerseys in the stands if he is a success! A sea of Willy's.

I seem to recall you describing Willy as a 'noodle armed scrub' some time around the Banjo Bowl last year. Is his arm no longer noodley? Or did he show something to change your opinion?

Frustrating that so little is happening at this time of year when expectations of positive change are sky high.   My main concern over Collaros is his future ambitions and lack of info. regarding.  Haven't heard a thing about his try outs with NFL teams this winter or his prospects.  Even if the Bombers managed to sign him to a first contract he may still  elect to try his NFL luck again in 2-3 years time much like Dressler and Sheets in Sask....so I can't see how this bodes well for the Bombers long term plans. 

Bombers might have greatest success going with Hank in 2014 with Willy as his understudy and than putting their chips down on Willy to take over in 2015.  If Hank wants to stick around a couple of years past 2014 no problem as long as he accepts this transition in role and salary.  In this scenario either one coming in off the bench to rescue a game is going to sound good to me.

This logic doesn't fly with me.

We should be worried about the prospect of a player going to the NFL in 2-3 years?

What are the odds he makes it? And on the flip side of your proposal, what's to say Drew Willy doesn't get a NFL look if he's successful with our club?

Correct, same possibility exists regarding Willy but I believe he has already had some time in the NFL so perhaps he's given up on that dream. 

• 2 weeks later...