Stamps extend Tate and Mitchell

IC Khari

So 17, say the Bombers trade for Tate, how would you feel about that? Somehow I doubt you'd be happy. Neither would a lot of fans here. How can you NOT SAY a 23 year old qb with all kinds of upside isn't the future for the Stampeders over an injury prone 29 year old with a chip on his shoulder? Tate has started 9 games in his entire CFL career with the Riders & Calgary. Tate has started 3.

So 17, say the Bombers trade for Tate, how would you feel about that? Somehow I doubt you'd be happy. Neither would a lot of fans here. How can you NOT SAY a 23 year old qb with all kinds of upside isn't the future for the Stampeders over an injury prone 29 year old with a chip on his shoulder? Tate has started 9 games in his entire CFL career with the Riders & Calgary. Tate has started 3.

but that's not the point here, what you or I think doesn't really matter, Hufnagel has treated Tate like his starter all along and I don't see that changing. Less focus on what you or I think, more focus on what Hufnagel thinks. 

Not lose, Jacquie. Trade. As in trade Drew Tate. The only sure thing I see is that BLM is the only qb who will certainly be with the Stamps for the long term. He's 23 with a huge upside. Tate's 29. He has had injury troubles, has probably reached his full potential as a player & can be a hot head on the field. The Stamps can get a lot for him in a trade when they believe that BLM is ready to  be a full time starter. On the flip side, maybe McPherson 30, is the one ultimately let go. With two & perhaps 3 starting qbs, things are going to be interesting again in Calgary.

Read your other post. You said lose, not trade.

I still would like to know what Hufnagel has said or done that makes people think Mitchell is ahead of Tate on the depth chart.

It doesn't matter if Tate starts the season ahead of BLM on the depth chart because Buck Pierce 2.0 will be injured by week 3.

Not lose, Jacquie. Trade. As in trade Drew Tate. The only sure thing I see is that BLM is the only qb who will certainly be with the Stamps for the long term. He's 23 with a huge upside. Tate's 29. He has had injury troubles, has probably reached his full potential as a player & can be a hot head on the field. The Stamps can get a lot for him in a trade when they believe that BLM is ready to  be a full time starter. On the flip side, maybe McPherson 30, is the one ultimately let go. With two & perhaps 3 starting qbs, things are going to be interesting again in Calgary.

Read your other post. You said lose, not trade.

I still would like to know what Hufnagel has said or done that makes people think Mitchell is ahead of Tate on the depth chart.

It doesn't matter if Tate starts the season ahead of BLM on the depth chart because Buck Pierce 2.0 will be injured by week 3.

It does when the discussion is who the Stamps starter will be at the start of the season.