Mulumba

Floyd

To be fair to Walters, if our draft strategy had been left entirely in his hands, our first and second round picks over the past couple of years would have looked a lot like Edmontons. Walters liked Mitchell, Coehoorn, Chambers over Muamba, Etienne and Pencer. Probably would've been Edem/Urban or D'Aguilar in 2013. Not a bad end result. Does missing on Muamba get made up for with the rest of those picks though?

I'd take the ones we ended up with myself.

I'm not sure that Coehoorn would've been a better long term pick than Etienne.

To be fair to Walters, if our draft strategy had been left entirely in his hands, our first and second round picks over the past couple of years would have looked a lot like Edmontons. Walters liked Mitchell, Coehoorn, Chambers over Muamba, Etienne and Pencer. Probably would've been Edem/Urban or D'Aguilar in 2013. Not a bad end result. Does missing on Muamba get made up for with the rest of those picks though?

I'd take the ones we ended up with myself.

I'm not sure that Coehoorn would've been a better long term pick than Etienne.

Based on...?

Well it's kind of unfair to really judge any of the receivers based on how piss poor the o has been.    With such limited action and so few balls thrown his way we really don't know how good or bad Etienne can be.     It wasn't like he was dropping balls like Foster was. 

Etienne is still a TBD.... 

When they threw him the ball Etienne seemed to make some things happen, but he didn't see the ball much. Was he not getting open? Did they ignore him in the game plan? Did the qb just never have time to go through reads to find him? All things that we really don't know. I do know that I much prefer receivers who catch the ball when it's thrown to them as opposed to guys who might get open a lot but drop a lot as well.

Based on what you guys are saying in regards to our receivers, that is one argument in favour of  MB as our OC.

Somebody has to be a position to know if it was just our system, our QBs, the receivers themselves or a combination.

To an outsider it did look like we only had a base offence and QBs who couldn't perform. How much of it was incorrect reads by the QBs or receivers, only the OC would know.

Pretty frustrating for the fans not to know why receivers or other players are being ignored.

Well as a fan when you see a guy like Foster get several chances to make first downs and simply drop the ball mean while once in a blue moon Etienne gets a ball his way and he makes the catch and gets some YAC it really makes it hard for us to really root for him to leave...

I thought he was pretty solid with the limited touches he got last season as well, definitely better then foster..

Not a knock on Mulumba, but as a NFL regular he's got a lot of work to do.

He's an aggressive raw pass rusher and he'll make plays from time to time that make you go "WOW" but if you're watching the line of scrimmage to see who ISN'T doing their job, most of the time it was Mulumba unless he was blowing somebody up in the backfield. A lot of the read option San Francisco ran with Kaepernick was making Mulumba look like an absolute victim out there. He hasn't quite got that ability to predict the play down yet.