Pre-Season Game #2: Bombers @ Ticats - Kickoff @ 6:00 Ct

TrueBlue

Burke didn't like Elliott and Brink was too easy to defend. Pressure him and his accuracy goes out the window. There's lots to like about Goltz physical skills, he just needs experience. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, especially with Clement and Hall struggling, cutitng Elliott was a mistake because he was the closest the bombers had to a guy actually able to play once Pierce gets hurt. 

True, Goltz isnt at the same experience level yet. Clement looked very fast but him and Hall were pretty unremarkable - again see no diff. with Elliot or Brink.

True, Goltz isnt at the same experience level yet. Clement looked very fast but him and Hall were pretty unremarkable - again see no diff. with Elliot or Brink.

from the sounds of it clement was what was expected, moves well but accuracy on the throws is inconsistent. Hall was the only real disppointment for me because he was showing better in camp and in the first preseason game. He's supposed to be a bit more polished and more accurate. Maybe it was just the circumstances of the game (blow out, rotating every other series) we likely won't find out for a while though as I think that it's pretty much written in stone now that Goltz is #2. 

Rotating every series is a head scratcher. Give each guy a quarter & like Hall said, establish a rhythm.

and if they had done that then everyone would be saying that it wasn't fair that Hall saw Hamilton's second team defence while Clement got to go against 3rd string. I have no doubt that whatever Burke did, someone would have complained.

Burke said it wasn't fair to compare a QB that played against a Q4 defence to a Q3 defense.

instead he just made it unfair to both of them. As far as I'm concerned the only relevant parts of last nights game were the first half because the qbs in the second half were put in a poor position.