I Am Jealous

BigBlue

The Flying Goose Inn.  

How could anyone NOT be jealous of that province with fine establishments like that? 

In fairness, it's a pretty fun place. Just don't tell 'em where you're from...

and this goes without saying in any bar in Saskatchewan, if you drop change on the floor, leave it there.   Bending over is not an option.

You know what is going to be sickening? If that total fuckhead Rod Black calls the game. That's all he'll talk about. Ridernation this. Ridernation that.  The best fans in the league. Best CFL city. How people in Saskatchewan love their team more than anyone else. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. For me, having that idiot ******* calling the game will probably be the tipping point....

You know what is going to be sickening? If that total fuckhead Rod Black calls the game. That's all he'll talk about. Ridernation this. Ridernation that.  The best fans in the league. Best CFL city. How people in Saskatchewan love their team more than anyone else. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. For me, having that idiot ******* calling the game will probably be the tipping point....

TSN wants to maximize their ratings.  I would hope they have the common sense to use Cuthbert.

I LOVE the CFL. Absolutely love it. Different strokes for different folks, but for me, I enjoy the CFL more than the NFL, and it isn't even close.

Having said that, and understanding that this is the championship game, after everything else this week if Rod Black is anywhere near that announce booth I will not watch one second of this game. That'll be too much.

Although, if Black is calling the game, there is the slight possiblility that the Riders lose because of a "false start", which would be glorious. To lose because you can't count is bad enough, but to lose a championship because of a penalty that isn't even in your league's rulebook would be so, so good.

This Grey Cup is going to be all kinds of awful. It's going to be one giant circle jerk to the shrine of Rider Nation and it's already making me sick. Burris and Austin aren't Ti-Cats, they're still former Rider QBs, and two of the top three that I've hated more than any other (Nealon Greene being the third, only because I was younger and the internet was relatively new and Nealon vs Khari was an actual argument Rider fans tried to make at the time). The only way I can possibly enjoy this game is for Smilin' Bank to be horrendous, for Austin to be badly outcoached and for the Riders to still somehow lose, preferably via a really, really stupid penalty.

I don't really have a point, I just needed to vent. 2013 was just the year from hell for Bomber fans, and this Sunday all of us in this handbasket shaped like IGF might just see the seventh level of it.

Noeller had a room mate back then who was a diehard rider fan and I remember quite clearly one night while we were all drunk this guy says with a straight face and in all seriousness that Nealon Greene is just as good as Khari Jones... The level of delusion amongst that fanbase, I also recall rider fans at some point trying to claim that Szarka was as good a FB as Mike Sellers. 

I am not looking forward to the week long circle jerk that's going to happen for "Canada's team" I hate Burris very much but I have no doubts that I'll be cheering hard for him by the weekend just because I'll be so sick of everything green.

That is implanted on my memory. Couldn't believe anyone would say that then; still baffles me today. 

Given the weather, the crowd, and the fact that Burris is on the decline, I fully expect the Riders to win pretty handily. 

So I'm not watching the game, not reading about it, and not watching TSN. 

I'll still support my lame-arse Bombers (about to fork over $1700 in season tix fees) but I am done with the CFL til day one of the off-season -- which is only a week away.

I'll still support my lame-arse Bombers (about to fork over $1700 in season tix fees) but I am done with the CFL til day one of the off-season -- which is only a week away.

Ouch!

No love for the expansion draft ?

Free Agency, Canadian draft etc ?

Ouch!

Uh, are those things happening in the next six days?

Yep, it's all going down tomorrow at FOOTBALL FEST '13.  Did you miss the memo?

Ouch!

How could I? The CFL has mandated a gag-order on anything non-Grey Cup related, remember?

Ouch!

apologies, I read that wrong.

I read it as though you said you were done with the CFL once the off season started, not until the off season started.

Ouch!

How could I? The CFL has mandated a gag-order on anything non-Grey Cup related, remember?

I suppose this is why the Als haven't officially released a statement on the firings of Berry and Miller.

Welcome to pro sports everybody, where teams go through eras of success, and eras of limited success. You see it in every other sport, and the CFL is no different. Soon enough we'll have a very strong team and the Riders won't. That's how sports works.

Yes, you have to be positive. It's still possible that we'll have a better team than the Riders before they manage to win more Grey Cups than Queen's University.

Go TiCats go!

What I see as different is that the Saskatchewan BOD is elected by the fans (hint: "community": team) once a year rotatinmg all the board over time .. 1/3  of the board changes each year I think

our board is nothing but a cronie old boys club ... we have to change our governace

Given the weather, the crowd, and the fact that Burris is on the decline, I fully expect the Riders to win pretty handily. 

Let's hope the announcements come fast & furious out of the Bomber office early next week.

Let's hope the announcements come fast & furious out of the Bomber office early next week.

Yeah, I suspect they will as the push to get season ticket money is on. They need the appearance of righting this ship. 

I just hope it looks like they have a solid plan -- not just "build a front office by way of interim tag removal and hiring of friends."