Bombers add 2 more imports to PR

Mike

Pretty interesting prospects too, in my opinion.

DE Michael McAdoo and OL Cord Howard ... both from the Ravens.

I've seen McAdoo play before and the one thing I find interesting is he's immediately one of the biggest DEs (if not the biggest) in the CFL ... 6'7" 245

Hello.....Kyle........is anybody home?

Receivers and running backs please.

DB's, LB'ers and DT's.......the problems have been staring you straight in the face the past 2 years.

Almost every position is represented on our practice roster, including a DB, WR, RB, and a couple LB's.  There are only so many spots to go around.

Also, I disagree that we have a problem at DT, in fact I'd say we're the strongest in the league at that spot, or close to it.

Hello.....Kyle........is anybody home?

Receivers and running backs please.

DB's, LB'ers and DT's.......the problems have been staring you straight in the face the past 2 years.

Almost every position is represented on our practice roster, including a DB, WR, RB, and a couple LB's.  There are only so many spots to go around.

Also, I disagree that we have a problem at DT, in fact I'd say we're the strongest in the league at that spot, or close to it.

I think, as a defense, we're too light up front.  Our tackles get moved around too easily .. and, outside of Bryant Turner, aren't enough of a physical presence.  Do they make themselves felt?  Are they athletic and pursue well?  Yes.  Could we get better play there .. absolutely .. but I agree with what you're saying .. only so many spots to go around .. and one of the most pressing areas of need for this team is offensive line .. we *ABSOLUTELY* need to protect whomever it is we line up behind center .. if we want any semblance of an offense next season.

I think, as a defense, we're too light up front.  Our tackles get moved around too easily .. and, outside of Bryant Turner, aren't enough of a physical presence.  Do they make themselves felt?  Are they athletic and pursue well?  Yes.  Could we get better play there .. absolutely .. but I agree with what you're saying .. 

but that's what the coaches want though. They wanted the highly athletic fast interior guys. If they had wanted the big immovable DT then you can be sure that they'd be looking for one. The defensive line works well within the system they're put together so I don't think we can say that they're failing to address an issue there. 

Always trade weight for speed at the DT spot. Doug Brown has always talked about how much weight he had to lose when he came north because he just couldn't run as much as he needed to. This isn't the NFL (thank goodness...)

Look at Miller's comments in the Freep today -- the next GM will be Walters. 

Book it, mark it, re-new your seasons. 

I read that whole interview and what I got was that Kyle Walters will definitely be part of the org.

What I didn't get was that it would definitely be as GM.

He's a keeper but I'm not sure he's got it yet.

What I do like is that they have a plan for the frenzy that is upcoming.

I guess this is actually our Bomber season right there.

Always trade weight for speed at the DT spot. Doug Brown has always talked about how much weight he had to lose when he came north because he just couldn't run as much as he needed to. This isn't the NFL (thank goodness...)

Don't mistake my comment about being light along the DL (tackle in particular) as a comment about weight .. it's more about physicality than anything else .. it's great these guys are athletic .. but far too often we see our interior guys being ineffective against bigger (more physical) offensive lineman .. outside of Turner, our tackles don't command respect .. they don't keep interior linemen from moving to the next level (ie. occupying space and keeping guards / center off our MLB - not that Muamba gets off blocks well to begin with .. but that's another story)

I read that whole interview and what I got was that Kyle Walters will definitely be part of the org.

I think you need to read between the lines. 

Why is Miller so adamant on telling ticket holders that Walters will be here next year in some capacity?

Does anyone, short of Walters himself, really care if he's around as a scout or A-GM or whatever?

What fans care about is the next GM, followed by the next HC and starting QB. 

I think this is Millers way of "pre-selling" us on Walters being here in exactly the same role he is now. 

Otherwise he'd just say, "yeah. Walters is our guy til the end of the year, then we will do an exhaustive search for the next GM and see what transpires."

Those two are pretty tight and the boys club mentality is starting to show. 

Don't mistake my comment about being light along the DL (tackle in particular) as a comment about weight .. it's more about physicality than anything else .. it's great these guys are athletic .. but far too often we see our interior guys being ineffective against bigger (more physical) offensive lineman .. outside of Turner, our tackles don't command respect .. they don't keep interior linemen from moving to the next level (ie. occupying space and keeping guards / center off our MLB - not that Muamba gets off blocks well to begin with .. but that's another story)

Keep in mind that outside of Turner as well, we have a pretty junior DT mix in there that should hopefully get better at being more physical if they're given the opportunity to come back next season.  Anderson is one of those guys that has got that "potential".

I think you need to read between the lines. 

Why is Miller so adamant on telling ticket holders that Walters will be here next year in some capacity?

Does anyone, short of Walters himself, really care if he's around as a scout or A-GM or whatever?

What fans care about is the next GM, followed by the next HC and starting QB. 

I think this is Millers way of "pre-selling" us on Walters being here in exactly the same role he is now. 

Otherwise he'd just say, "yeah. Walters is our guy til the end of the year, then we will do an exhaustive search for the next GM and see what transpires."

Those two are pretty tight and the boys club mentality is starting to show. 

I don't like reading between the lines. Too much open to interpretation. 

And I don't see your 'boy's club' connection.

But Walters has a head start.

In a normal year, the GM would be hired as close to the end as possible. Not this year.

Walters will get a head start for the dispersal draft, and that may be all it takes.

What I've heard from Miller, about Walters, is consistent from day one in his insistence that he will be with the Org.

And that very well could be as AGM or some other capacity. The message: he will be here.

WIECEK: So Kyle doesn't have the GM job yet?

MILLER: "No, but Kyle is going to be an integral part of this organization no matter what. And stability is part of what we need to create here -- that people know they're going to be a part of this football team and this community. And Kyle is both of those things.

WIECEK: Is Kyle still in the running for the job?

MILLER: Absolutely.

Miller doesn't have to pre-sell Walters because all the work a GM will be doing at year's end will be done by Walters  and because of this year's dispersal position by teams, Walters will definitely have a healthy head start on the the GM position

To me what will really sell Walters to the fans will be his, and Miller's handling of the upcoming turmoil that is very much a unique situation for the Bombers. 

This will be their chance to get a QB, finally, and maybe manoeuvre through some trade mines to land a player or two.

Or at least position themselves for the upcoming draft.

No, Walters' GM future is still very much in question, but from what I can see, he doing the necessary homework, behind the scenes to at least warrant a very good look.

Walters is under contract for another year. Of course Miller is saying he will be here. He isn't getting the GM job and if he doesn't like that he can leave and not go on the Bomber EI payout plan. As for the article, someone needs to step up and say what the plan is. This notion of interm people making permanent decisions is both ridiculous and poor business. Let an interm CEO at Blackberry sell off their assets.

Anyone with reading comprehension interpreted that interview as Miller saying there's a real good chance Walters stays on as AGM and nothing more, and that Walters is very happy about that. I really think they'll go out and find someone with lots of experience to help groom KW as our "next" guy...

Careers are either short lived or guys move to a better situation. U don't groom any one you go get them. Danny Barrett thought he was the heir apparent in Sask to Shivers. How did that work out for him? If Walters remains as the AGM there is no guarantee you can make that he doesn't leave when the grass is greener elsewhere. Sorry, that is the football biz.

Anyone with reading comprehension interpreted that interview as Miller saying there's a real good chance Walters stays on as AGM and nothing more, and that Walters is very happy about that. I really think they'll go out and find someone with lots of experience to help groom KW as our "next" guy...

Hope you're right.

Anyone with reading comprehension would say that you clearly have a lot of faith in the Bombers hiring practices, which is peculiar considering what's transpired the last 5-7 years. 

But I've also known Miller for 20 years so, well, let's just say I am VERY skeptical. 

Well said.