Game 68 : @ Not Yet Rated

Jets-vs-Rangers-prediction-odds-pick-how-to-watch.jpg&w=1200&q=75

Time: Tuesday, 1800, TSN3
Stats: 43-19-5 @ 45-19-4
Streaks: W2 @ W2
Last 10: 6-4-0 @ 6-3-1

Game Notes:
 - Jets are playing a rare game in which their opponent is going to the playoffs and not played the night before. 
 - Arniel will coach rest of away trip while Bowness is back in Winnipeg for minor medical reasons.
 - Trouba and Rempe out for NYR

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Have to wonder if this is Bowness’ last year behind the bench? 69 years old, had already retired after Dallas before we called him back, and with his wife’s health issue and now this, plus a ready made replacement with Arniel in play, he may decide that slowing down is the way to go now. 

20 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Have to wonder if this is Bowness’ last year behind the bench? 69 years old, had already retired after Dallas before we called him back, and with his wife’s health issue and now this, plus a ready made replacement with Arniel in play, he may decide that slowing down is the way to go now. 

I suspect this is true.  I would bring him back for 1 more year, but I think the Jets plan was to always have Arneil as the head coach after Bones. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think DAL was more of a quit or fired situation IMHO.

Laurent Brossoit needs to appear in 7 of the final 15 games to qualify for the Jennings trophy this year. If you were a coach, would you let him sneak into a game for a minute or so when Hellebuyck is playing just to get to that number? He is targeted to probably start no more than five games the rest of the year. 

52 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Laurent Brossoit needs to appear in 7 of the final 15 games to qualify for the Jennings trophy this year. If you were a coach, would you let him sneak into a game for a minute or so when Hellebuyck is playing just to get to that number? He is targeted to probably start no more than five games the rest of the year. 

I’d start him 8 out of 15 times. Helle needs a rest. Bro is better than some teams starters.