Jets "Magic Number"

38 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Note that my magic number is points, not wins, since you can clinch with something like an overtime loss. 

I know, a full win and an OT loss or two wins in general (four points)

31 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I know, a full win and an OT loss or two wins in general (four points)

Fans of the Winnipeg Jets counts their magic number in wins, so their “3” is actually the same as my “6” in points. I feel mine is more accurate as points can be gathered without actually winning, so saying they need a combo of 3 wins or opponent losses is not truly accurate. Us stats junkies take the precision of this kind of triviality seriously!

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Fans of the Winnipeg Jets counts their magic number in wins, so their “3” is actually the same as my “6” in points. I feel mine is more accurate as points can be gathered without actually winning, so saying they need a combo of 3 wins or opponent losses is not truly accurate. Us stats junkies take the precision of this kind of triviality seriously!

Just make the damn playoffs. 

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well we booked up enuf points that has been accomplished. We cannot finish worse then WC2.

I didn’t realize we have been guaranteed a spot in the playoffs? I thought we are still working on a magic number needed?

23 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I didn’t realize we have been guaranteed a spot in the playoffs? I thought we are still working on a magic number needed?

We have not clinched yet. Based on our current points total and the projected points that St. Louis will collect by season’s end (estimated by using their current winning percentage over a full season) we have likely accrued enough points already to get in, but it is not official yet. So far, only the NY Rangers have officially clinched a playoff spot. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We have not clinched yet. Based on our current points total and the projected points that St. Louis will collect by season’s end (estimated by using their current winning percentage over a full season) we have likely accrued enough points already to get in, but it is not official yet. So far, only the NY Rangers have officially clinched a playoff spot. 

Yes thanks but sorry as a lifelong Jet fan until I read clinched a playoff spot never comfortable.

I watched the full game against the Sens. The team looked lost. No flow, no energy, disjointed. Polar opposite of the games I watched where they went into Vancouver and New York some games ago and took care of business.

They’ve lost their mojo. How do you correct that? 

• Mark H. unpinned this topic