Game 30 : Original 6.1 - Montreal

******* garbage reffing all night.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Well we get a point, but I hate that a power play in OT is 4 on 3. A much bigger advantage than 5 on 4. I wish that if they do that, they should shorten the PP to one minute (or half of the remaining time)

Shouldn't have been on the pp in the first place 

An excerpt taken from a Story by Brian Wilde Global news:

'The Jets are surprisingly good this season, comfortably in a playoff spot'.

I've read this line now many times in many different articles.

No, no one in the Western conference is comfortably in a playoff spot. (maybe the Golden Knights and Canucks but other than that?)

What am I missing? If any of the top teams fall cold, they don't have much of a cushion to play with.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

I hate blaming refs... That lazy fandom.... But **** that was brutal. Habs not getting called on the pick on Ehlers then Ehlers getting called on the ensuing "trip" (butter sawft with 30 seconds remaining).... Weak sauce. 

TBF the refs let Lowry go with 2 crosschecks before finally nailing him on the 3rd IN OT :D

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

TBF the refs let Lowry go with 2 crosschecks before finally nailing him on the 3rd IN OT :D

but they let Montreal get away with the same thing all regulation time. All of a sudden they decide to call it in OT? You realize they were gonna put montreal on a 2 man powerplay for a minute right? 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

but they let Montreal get away with the same thing all regulation time. All of a sudden they decide to call it in OT? You realize they were gonna put montreal on a 2 man powerplay for a minute right? 

And this is one of the biggest problems.  The inconsistencies.  The refs just arbitrarily making calls that they’ve ignored previously, then missing a blatant penalty and turning around and calling a tickytac infraction that has no effect on the play.

Just be friggin consistent.  Set the precedent early and STICK WITH IT.  At least then the players will know where they stand.

7 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

And this is one of the biggest problems.  The inconsistencies.  The refs just arbitrarily making calls that they’ve ignored previously, then missing a blatant penalty and turning around and calling a tickytac infraction that has no effect on the play.

Just be friggin consistent.  Set the precedent early and STICK WITH IT.  At least then the players will know where they stand.

this was what Gretzky always said.... the players don't care if you're going to call things super tight, or you're going to let everything go... but be consistent about it so they know. Nothing they hate more than never knowing what is or isn't going to get called.