GDT: Game 17 vs Arizona RIDICULOUS START TIME ALERT

iHeart

it's Grey Cup Sunday eve but first we to watch our other major team Game is on Sportsnet 360 and it starts at 6:15 (another Frozen Bowl perhaps or is it a delay because of the parade?)

401851099_845551277572977_77104429913258

and of course we hope that Rutger McG recovers from his injury

Edited by iHeart

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

‘Freedom fighters we the fringe’ people booing the glorious and free part of our national anthem while freely attending an entertainment event and haven’t fought for anything in their life.

Now back to your regularly scheduled show.

I thought they were saying "Glorious and Blue", not booing.

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

‘Freedom fighters we the fringe’ people booing the glorious and free part of our national anthem while freely attending an entertainment event and haven’t fought for anything in their life.

Now back to your regularly scheduled show.

They aren’t booing. They are chanting glorious and “BLUE” as a salute to the Bombers. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

They aren’t booing. They are chanting glorious and “BLUE” as a salute to the Bombers. 

They’ve booed this part of the anthem many times well before and not just in Winnipeg so if some are using it to honor our BB in this particular case all the power to them.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

They’ve booed this part of the anthem many times well before and not just in Winnipeg so if some are using it to honor our BB in this particular case all the power to them.

Anyways I’ve said my peace, Lets go Jets.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

In my experience it has always been glorious and “blue”. They have done it for years. Just like Bomber fans do the “True North” chant at Bomber games, just more muted then the “glorious and blue” they belt out at IG Field every anthem. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

In my experience it has always been glorious and “blue”. They have done it for years. Just like Bomber fans do the “True North” chant at Bomber games, just more muted then the “glorious and blue” they belt out at IG Field every anthem. 

How do you explain it happening in other cities with no affiliation to the BB. 

Anyways, we can take this DM if need be.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

How do you explain it happening in other cities with no affiliation to the BB. 

Anyways, we can take this DM if need be.

I am not looking at an argument. I cannot speak to other arenas and other fan bases. I don’t recall hearing a boo regularly in other cities during the anthem, but I don’t make a point of listening to the anthem in other cities. If it has happened (and I accept your position that it has happened), I would be disgusted by it. But having had season tickets to the Bombers and flex packs to the Jets, I can say with full confidence that people are not booing here. The Bombers “glorious and blue” has been a thing since we moved into IG Field, if not before. It is a rip-off from the Roughriders “glorious and green” they chanted at old Mosaic (which made more sense since “green” and “free” at least sound the same). Since “True North” became a big thing at Jets games, the Bomber fans wanted their own chant, so that is what they came up with. And since “True North” bled into anthems at Bomber games, the “blue” shout out has been co-opted during Jets games, especially with the success of the football club. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I am not looking at an argument. I cannot speak to other arenas and other fan bases. I don’t recall hearing a boo regularly in other cities during the anthem, but I don’t make a point of listening to the anthem in other cities. If it has happened (and I accept your position that it has happened), I would be disgusted by it. But having had season tickets to the Bombers and flex packs to the Jets, I can say with full confidence that people are not booing here. The Bombers “glorious and blue” has been a thing since we moved into IG Field, if not before. It is a rip-off from the Roughriders “glorious and green” they chanted at old Mosaic (which made more sense since “green” and “free” at least sound the same). Since “True North” became a big thing at Jets games, the Bomber fans wanted their own chant, so that is what they came up with. And since “True North” bled into anthems at Bomber games, the “blue” shout out has been co-opted during Jets games, especially with the success of the football club. 

Oi vey. 

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

First time I've heard they do that.

I only learned about that a couple years ago, but as mentioned, the TRUE NORTH thing gets done at both teams games (maybe Moose too?) as does the Glorious and BLUE thing at both teams games..... Crossover in fanbase I suppose.... They're having fun.