Jets Preseason thread 2023 edition

iHeart

Ah fall, the leaves change color, the seasonal confusion where we have to figure out if we need shorts or pants, the comfortable chill, and HOCKY SEASON!!!!

Today marks the start of preseason for the Jets, they are in Edmonton but it won't be televised it's a streaming exclusive game tonight

our backups goalies will be in the front lines tonight (even though the backup job is Brossy's)

May be an image of hockey and text

What we know about this upcoming season: Lowry is now the captain, and this could be Scheif and Helle's last season here however:

May be an image of hockey and text that says 'com/fansofthe cem ansofthe FANS OF THE WINNIPEG ETS 7S WINNIPER OF THE Mark Scheifele says he's open to re-signing with the Jets. Connor Hellebuyck said he hasn't shut the door on anything.'

ALSO: PLD is on the Kings, Wheeler is now on the home for soon to be retired former Jets players I mean the New York Rangers (if it was Pav's final team then I can make a joke and I'm aware it won't stick if Wheels is still kicking after one season)

What I don't want to see this season: No more post-all star game slumps and no more toxicity in the locker rooms

Edited by iHeart

I didn't realize how big Lambert is. I kept thinking he was Stanley (similar numbers, both really big guys). He could end up being a really good one for Winnipeg. 

*edit* - Dylan Samberg, not Brad Lambert...

Edited by Noeller

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Salo. Kupari. Gus on faceoffs is a machine. Vilardi. They all played well 

Thought Stanley was the worst Jet tonight. The rest of the guys, you can see potential.  With big Stan, it's apparent it's not there and taking dumb penalties ain't gonna help 

Thought Viel had the worse night taking 2 penalties but at least he got mentioned unlike Reichel.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I didn't realize how big Lambert is. I kept thinking he was Stanley (similar numbers, both really big guys). He could end up being a really good one for Winnipeg. 

Think you mean someone else? Lambert didn’t play last night.

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Thought Viel had the worse night taking 2 penalties but at least he got mentioned unlike Reichel.

Apologies - Dylan Samberg - someone new anyhow..... 

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

For those following his current progression, training camp and the hockey news real close, does Lambert have a shot at making the club?

46 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

For those following his current progression, training camp and the hockey news real close, does Lambert have a shot at making the club?

Not this year, there really isn't any openings on this team especially with the 3 former Kings coming to the club. 

No surprises so far, but really wanted to see DD get a preseason game though