Game 46 @ Toronto

iHeart

• iHeart changed the title to Game 46 @ Toronto

Funny thing is before the game on the radio, Christian Aumell I believe posited the question to the panel “if you could trade the Jets top 4 of Scheifele, Connor, DuBois, and Ehlers for the Leads top 4 of Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Nylander, would you?”  Every single panelist said no, and not just because of salary cap issues. Wonder if anyone would change their mind after the game?

42 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Funny thing is before the game on the radio, Christian Aumell I believe posited the question to the panel “if you could trade the Jets top 4 of Scheifele, Connor, DuBois, and Ehlers for the Leads top 4 of Matthews, Marner, Tavares, and Nylander, would you?”  Every single panelist said no, and not just because of salary cap issues. Wonder if anyone would change their mind after the game?

One game isn't a reasonable sample size, IMO.

The Jets had another crummy middle frame last night and that ultimately cost them. They're still sitting 2nd in the Central and 2rd in the Western Conference, hopefully they can turn this road trip around tomorrow in Ottawa.

That said, I wouldn't make such a trade. Not saying the Jets are a playoff built team but we know the Leafs are not.

I would honestly make that trade. Matthews is a top 3 player in the NHL. Marner is a potential 100 point player and can match Connor points output. Nylander, as maligned as he is for the odd lazy game, can put up points to rival Scheifele if healthy or at least Ehlers, as can Tavares. Dubois doesn’t want to play here I suspect, Ehlers is always a health risk, and the trade value of Tavares back to T.O. or Nylander is higher than what the Jets could get for their players. Cap hit clearly favours Winnipeg, but for one more year only though. 

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I would honestly make that trade. Matthews is a top 3 player in the NHL. Marner is a potential 100 point player and can match Connor points output. Nylander, as maligned as he is for the odd lazy game, can put up points to rival Scheifele if healthy or at least Ehlers, as can Tavares. Dubois doesn’t want to play here I suspect, Ehlers is always a health risk, and the trade value of Tavares back to T.O. or Nylander is higher than what the Jets could get for their players. Cap hit clearly favours Winnipeg, but for one more year only though. 

There's no way I can look at this objectively. It's pure agony to talk about making a deal of this magnitude with them.

I F'ing hate the Leafs, how they are constantly talked about and shoved down our throats (Yes I understand how markets work) like they are so close in winning the Stanley Cup every year since hockey was invented.

There is no way I make this trade. They could have three McDavid's and I would still hum and hah.

This is why I'm not an NHL GM but a HardCore Jets fan who loathes the Leafs. 🙂  

23 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yeah me too. TOR just had the bad luck of meeting TPA in the first round last year. 

Matthews gonna get that cup one day ala McD.

Bad luck? LOL

The Leafs have played the Capitals (2017), the Bruins (2018, 2019), the Blue Jackets (2020), and the Canadiens (2021) and they've yet to make it out of the first round. Luck has nothing do with it.