Game 50 @ Calgary

iHeart

Agreed. Clean goal. How many f%#@-ing times can one team lose in the last 2 min of a game in one season? They can be very infuriating to watch. Very good road game. Very good third period, in particular, only to do that... again. Seriously, does anyone know how many gane winning goals we've given up in the last 2-3 min of a game this year? It's gutting.

That said, ur right. gotta score more than one. A lot of chances to pot the winner in the 3rd and just can't finish.

But Connor... by jeezuz... get the puck out or get off if ur too tired.

The Jets defensive system is a mess.  There is an over reliance on Helle in general.  Helle's poor play this year has showcased that the Jets are in need of better defensive play in general.  As great additions as Schmidt and Dillon are, they cannot fix a broken system.

The whole team offence philosophy needs to shift as well.  The Jets cannot score with perfect shots anymore and, aside from Dubois and Lowry, players are afraid to crash the net and get the greasy goals.

Coach Lowry can't really change much given he's got Maurice's old systems ingrained into a bunch of the players.

I hate to say it but this is smelling like a rebuild.  If by some miracle we make the playoffs, we likely lose in the first round.

20 hours ago, iHeart said:

I'm starting to wonder if we're starting to make the same mistake with Helle that we did with Pav (over dependency to point of being worn out, but then again Helle hasn't broken as easily as Pav did)

We scored more than 1 or 2 goals a game back then

Defensively they are similar to Colorado and Vegas but they can't score. 

The rebuild (or at least reload) should be fully on with the Jets org right now. Load up on picks and prospects if you can, and prep hard for making the playoffs next year. I dunno if we deal Scheifele, but if they do, hopefully they get a haul for him. 

Just now, Noeller said:

The rebuild (or at least reload) should be fully on with the Jets org right now. Load up on picks and prospects if you can, and prep hard for making the playoffs next year. I dunno if we deal Scheifele, but if they do, hopefully they get a haul for him. 

I would deal Scheif and do a rebuild. Wheeler if you can. Trade Copp, Statsny, DeMelo, etc. Get anything you can and do a quick rebuild with the young talent you have. 

Need a new GM and coach too. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I would deal Scheif and do a rebuild. Wheeler if you can. Trade Copp, Statsny, DeMelo, etc. Get anything you can and do a quick rebuild with the young talent you have. 

Need a new GM and coach too. 

I get wanting to dump Chevy because of the Chicago situation, but his drafting has been top notch and I'd really hate to lose that.....

Just now, Noeller said:

I get wanting to dump Chevy because of the Chicago situation, but his drafting has been top notch and I'd really hate to lose that.....

Sure, but he's failed to build a winner after 10 years. The coach had to fire himself.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sure, but he's failed to build a winner after 10 years. The coach had to fire himself.

Well, they were damn close in 2018....he built a pretty good team that could realistically gone all the way. So it's not like his teams haven't been good. I think the question is "Has he earned the right to re-build once?" I honestly don't know enough to know...