Game 33 : @ Vancouver

8 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Damn... shut out ruined.

This has happened a few times this season. It chaps my ass because it's like the team just stops playing for a shift or two late in a game and gives up a bad opportunity. I think Hellebuyck could have a few more shutouts if not for those late game brain farts.

Copp and the third line had a hell of a game. The Canucks are struggling offensively but the Jets played solid two-way hockey for the bulk of that series, so hopefully that bodes well going forward. Right up there for the division lead!

helle's been outstanding this year, but doesn't necessarily have ALL the stats that eastern media will look at when voting for Vezina. No question in my mind though that he's been one of the best, if not THE best, goalie(s) in the league...

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It chaps my ass because it's like the team just stops playing for a shift or two late in a game and gives up a bad opportunity. I think Hellebuyck could have a few more shutouts if not for those late game brain farts.

How about the two home games that we lost literally in the last seconds (EDM, OTT)? If they hung on for a TOTAL of ~ 9 seconds and went to extra time in both, worst case we're in first place by 2 points right now.

Yes I'm still bitter about those loses.

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

helle's been outstanding this year, but doesn't necessarily have ALL the stats that eastern media will look at when voting for Vezina. No question in my mind though that he's been one of the best, if not THE best, goalie(s) in the league...

Just have to look at the D. Yep, Vezina again :D