Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Random Jets News

  • Replies 4k
  • Views 424.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Yes was aware of this a week ago  Stastny can go anytime 

  • absolutely 100% done with Stastny....goodbye, good riddance.....

  • BomberBall
    BomberBall

    Tucker Carlson??  Tucker ******* Carlson?!!!! That guy might be the biggest asshat that has ever lived.  Nothing he spouts can be considered ‘information’.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Rich said:

It’s more difficult with unions. If this is something the players care deeply about, which I suspect it is, players have wives and families and want a say where they live, this isn't something they are just going to give up on a whim.

A whim? This is not a whim, this is a one benefit that has to be seriously modified (which i suggested before could be players can only have three cities on their no move clause and/or franchise players can choose as many as they want - (there’s my offer which you gave me a shot on earlier) cuz welcome to the real world of employment. Because of the entertainment and community work they provide they are rightly very well compensated with great benefits and perks. Having the league run by player families might want to be revisited to help GM’s like Winnipeg’s assemble a team with a bit more equity.

I'm not in favor of getting rid of the NMC but it definitely needs to be adjusted. Put some type of cap on it (maybe a team can only be added to a list "x" number of times?).

Players will still have say in where they play and it doesn't stop them from having full control once they hit FA.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

A whim? This is not a whim, this is a one benefit that has to be seriously modified (which i suggested before could be players can only have three cities on their no move clause and/or franchise players can choose as many as they want - (there’s my offer which you gave me a shot on earlier) cuz welcome to the real world of employment. Because of the entertainment and community work they provide they are rightly very well compensated with great benefits and perks. Having the league run by player families might want to be revisited to help GM’s like Winnipeg’s assemble a team with a bit more equity.

I'd love to see the NMV clause removed as well, I'm not debating that part of it. I just think it has a low chance of happening. The players have fought for this in previous CBAs. You would need a majority of owners to want to see this gone for the ensuing fight / negotiation. The way negotiations typically work, the players will want some other concession, I don't believe this is something they will just agree to. That is the reality of real world negotiations with a strong union who represent the players.

  • Author
16 hours ago, Rich said:

You would need a majority of owners to want to see this gone for the ensuing fight / negotiation.

With 75% of the teams in the USA there are just too many who see this as way to downsize the competition from Canada.

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Silently Crying GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Yeah I think I called this

On 2026-06-29 at 3:56 PM, iHeart said:

They'd be crazy not to re-sign Perf....I have a bad feeling we're going to be hearing the A word though

Gus Bus is moving on

The NHL should get of the NMC because it hurts the sport and they're the only league that has it essentially. NBA has two guys for example, Lebron and Bradley Beal.

  • Author
5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

The NHL should get of the NMC because it hurts the sport and they're the only league that has it essentially. NBA has two guys for example, Lebron and Bradley Beal.

Down to one now isn’t it with LBJ leaving LAL?

32 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Down to one now isn’t it with LBJ leaving LAL?

You're right.

Viggo is our 2C to start the year. Easily.

He will get his run and prob force them to keep him up. This kid is Bédard like but responsible defensively. Line driver. And center. Exactly what we need.

Helle to Buffalo huh? I dunno. Hopefully NJ emerges as I like the idea of Helle to NJ for Dawson Mercer. Currently kinda 3C 3RW but kinda Vilardi like. Perfetti Viggo Mercer would be a legit line 2 .

Maybe NJ adds prospect RHD Seamus Casey and we throw in lambert (asked for trade last year) or even a names or Nino

The no movement clause is never going away, but it does need to be modified in some way or another - my suggestion would be something to the effect of a compensatory system in the draft. For every X times you are on a no-trade list, you get compensation in the form of picks after the second round concludes. This accomplishes two things - it holds teams accountable when they hand them out, the more you hand out, the more you run the risk of devaluing your own draft haul after the first two rounds and it also provides relief for teams like Winnipeg, Buffalo, Seattle, etc.

You're never getting the players to actually give up the no-movement clause. Everyone can sit there on the outside and say "they're very well compensated, they should just suck it up and play where they're told" but the reality is that the NHL is a lot more family oriented than a league like the NBA and these players clearly value the ability to control where they play. They're not giving it up and I don't really blame them, to be honest.

It should prob be as simple as you can have your no move clause lets say, but if you ask to be traded, your no move clause then becomes void and you can be traded to the team who actually makes the best offer. That simple. As for no trade clauses, that’s on gms for giving dudes who Aren’t worth it no trade clauses. Like dudes demanding to go to 4 places, yeah , no.

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It should prob be as simple as you can have your no move clause lets say, but if you ask to be traded, your no move clause then becomes void and you can be traded to the team who actually makes the best offer. That simple. As for no trade clauses, that’s on gms for giving dudes who Aren’t worth it no trade clauses. Like dudes demanding to go to 4 places, yeah , no.

There's no way it ever works like this. "Here, can you please sign this REQUEST A TRADE form?" "Um, no ... I'll just tell you that I'm going to become a disenchanted player who is going to walk in my UFA year and I'll do everything to imply I want a trade without actually acknowledging it"

The NFL does the compensation pick model and I feel like it fits even better in the NHL.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

There's no way it ever works like this. "Here, can you please sign this REQUEST A TRADE form?" "Um, no ... I'll just tell you that I'm going to become a disenchanted player who is going to walk in my UFA year and I'll do everything to imply I want a trade without actually acknowledging it"

The NFL does the compensation pick model and I feel like it fits even better in the NHL.

Well once you demand to be moved, then your no move should become void. Really that simple. Not every damn player with skates deserves one. I get like the superstars but 2nd tier guys or guys like a Rutger McGroarty who never played a game but demanded out, that’s assinine and entitlement. Larkin with a 4 team list for Detroit ( it’s not just a Winnipeg thing here )

Reality. These guys are gonna piss off the non elite non rich working person soon enough. Hockey is becoming Just for the rich anyways. I mean guys making more money than every normal person will ever see and then demanding where they play a sport for 6 months. It’s entitlement and killing sports.

Edited by Goalie

46 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Reality. These guys are gonna piss off the non elite non rich working person soon enough.

I was pissed off years ago, but does that mean I'm not going to watch anymore? Of course not. What else are we watching in January? Curling? They've got us by the short and curlies really.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was pissed off years ago, but does that mean I'm not going to watch anymore? Of course not. What else are we watching in January? Curling? They've got us by the short and curlies really.

You can watch but of ppl stop going then teams don’t make money. Only teams really making money are Canadian ones and we are on all the no move and trade lists. Rogers just paid like 7 billion for TV. For players to refuse to play in Canada. You can watch. Can your grandkids play tho? Is my kid playing? Are my nephews? Are most my daughters boy friends playing hockey like me and all my friends did? Nope. Only a couple are. We all did. I wasn’t poor, we lived by the river, have a vacation cabin but equipment for me these days means I likely wouldn’t be playing not because can’t afford it but cuz 5000 plus a year on tender equipment wouldn’t happen. I loved hockey. I was told I could prob play if I tried hard enough, I got a bad concussion and things changed but, there’s no way mom or dad sending me yo all the camps and paying. 10000 a year for me to play cuz honestly they never played. My mom can skate. Dad can not. I played AA marauders. AAA sharks. I even played for the st boniface saints and got into a local all star game where WHL scouts spoke to me afterwards. Concussion in summer really did change things but yeah, it’s just , I don’t see the avg kid playing anymore. Street hockey isn’t even a thing. Hockey is becoming a sport for the ultra rich. Cuz I know ppl who did make the nhl, JT is closer to my age than people realize, a few others also. I know of these guys, we didn’t play together but we played each other at times. I know ppl whose parents were so convinced their kid was gonna be like a JT that they went broke and he never made it. It can seriously ruin families now. It’s crazy. That was obviously a case of dad living through son but literally went broke and dude sucked. It’s the guy who shouldn’t hand been on the team but hey dad had $$$ to spend and happy he did cuz got some fun pretty much free American tournament experience. War road Minnesota ( phone don’t like that city name). Fun times. With dudes who made the NHL. I remember this guy there, I was later told it was TJ Oshie but I’m not completely convinced he was but just a stud. Best player I ever played against. If it was Oshie, I could see why he made it. Just dominating.

Edited by Goalie

But the flip side here is there a lots of players who really love playing in Winnipeg for example and even some Americans cuz of the outdoors hunting and fishing stuff, actually most the American guys have homes here, buff, wheeler, pionk is a year round guy now really, Helle spends most his time here. My daughter and Wheelers was in the same dance class for 3 years. His wife is so very nice. So it’s not all. Montreal is filled with American players also who love it there so maybe not everyone is in the same boat. Some guys like me, maybe like most of us just loved and love playing hockey and if we got paid to do it in Russia or Siberia, we would do it. Some are entitled whining rich nepo babies really like the tkachuks for example. They grew up rich. Beyond rich. Not lots of ppl grew up like that. You can tell who did here tho.

Edited by Goalie

Helle isn’t about not wanting to play in Winnipeg. Dude loves it here. Has completely and totally embraced the fishing and hunting lifestyle. He just wants to win. If he thinks the jets can he will stay, but jets might think if we can get a haul, maybe we become better team overall and save some money on the tending. Cuz right now 12 for both Helle and stu seems excessive. The guy could have rubbed his mates the wrong way cuz a big reason why we sucked last year, Helle sucked.

Edited by Goalie

Thank god didn't take long

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

Thank god didn't take long

Cole didn’t have much of an arbitration case. He’s a 40 45 point guy. 6 6.5 was gonna be it all along.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.