Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Winnipeg Thread

All things newsworthy about the 'peg. The good and the bad. Okay mostly bad.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 149.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am mildly surprised to discover that a not-inconsiderable amount of Christmas gifts I ordered (ok... a few of them are for me), have been stranded in Winnipeg. i) I had no idea that this compan

  • So simplistic.  You're ignoring the fact (as always) that it was part of Winnipeg's commitment to implement the 94 recommendations of the Truth & Reconciliation Commission.   You may have hea

  • Our police salaries are ridiculous and the fleecing they do with "overtime" is insane.  It's arbitration. They take every single request and bump up their salaries.  We need fewer police and

Featured Replies

Abercrombie and Fitch has opened at Polo and sounds like the St V Walmart had a hell of a night

On 2026-07-07 at 11:17 AM, iHeart said:

Abercrombie and Fitch has opened at Polo and sounds like the St V Walmart had a hell of a night

the arsonist that tried to torch the St V Walmart was the same loser that tried to burn down property on McPhillips last year.....yeah he's going right back in (especially with all those damages like ten mil)

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

the arsonist that tried to torch the St V Walmart was the same loser that tried to burn down property on McPhillips last year.....yeah he's going right back in (especially with all those damages like ten mil)

and then released 2 months later on good behaviour...

  • Author
54 minutes ago, Brandon said:

and then released 2 months later on good behaviour...

Only takes 2 months to turn your life around /s

I feel like that because of the justice system we have even if you're not a criminal you're practically in prison

On 2026-07-03 at 12:21 PM, iHeart said:

So they're replacing Blue Notes with a brand store of the parent company that owns Blue Notes also Forever 21 is done

Also RIP the last remaining Toys R Us store in Winnipeg the Play lab didn't do anything to save it (I don't know if there's one left but they should treat that like the last remaining Blockbuster in the US) Toy Story 5 warned us about all this. I don't have a link someone had posted on the Transcona page that it was closing and there were store closing signs everywhere....I'm kind of sad now, I'll have to make one final trip

And polo park is following suit

Okay now we are going to be Toys R Us-less better start your Christmas shopping now people

now about that Stella's is OEB closing?

14 hours ago, iHeart said:

And polo park is following suit

Okay now we are going to be Toys R Us-less better start your Christmas shopping now people

Amazon is still open :D

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Amazon is still open :D

As are Facebook Marketplace, yard sales and thrift stores. It's a fool's errand to break the bank on toys.

yeah but I don't online shop, I want to but it will probably become an addiction which I don't need, especially if the item doesn't meet my expectations

I went to my local Toys R Us for one final trip just so I could get started on Toy Mountain a little bit early....well I'm now convinced to try Kite and Kaboodle more often (it's shopping local)

Apparently there's a province wide 911 outage excluding the City of Winnipeg.....if there's a Manitoba thread I better find it and bump it (no there isn't and yet there were two Winnipeg threads)

Edited by iHeart

8 hours ago, iHeart said:

Apparently there's a province wide 911 outage excluding the City of Winnipeg.....if there's a Manitoba thread I better find it and bump it (no there isn't and yet there were two Winnipeg threads)

Apparently there was a fibre cut to the PSAP in Brandon which caused the outage.

so kind of similar to what the old A&B sound building and briefly Portage Place used to do?

Okay so Spirit Halloween has their planned Winnipeg Stores for this year

Once again it will go into the Former Family Foods on St Mary's and the Former Marks near Polo Park..

and you know it's funny, when they announced that Toys R Us was closing on my end my first thought was "I want to know when they're closing too, it would be nice to have a Spirit Halloween close to home", sounds like the Regent Toys R Us has either already closed or will close in time for Spirit Halloween to go in

  • Author

And now…the rest….of the story

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And now…the rest….of the story

Yeah, there's video of him being pushed out of the Pal's patio by 3 security dudes and you can see Allen fall down as he exits.

well can't wait to hear Palomino's side of the story

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

well can't wait to hear Palomino's side of the story

He was drunk and out of control and they needed to remove him for the safety of the customers.

50/50 % shot on who has the real story. I've seen over zealous security guards back in my youth... but I've also seen a **** tonne of idiots acting up at the bar and then cry innocent when they are tossed out.

Usually if you act normal and don't cause trouble the security wont target you.

It will be interesting to see what the market is for 3 buildings that are going up for sell around the arena. Radisson, Somerset and Met.

19 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It will be interesting to see what the market is for 3 buildings that are going up for sell around the arena. Radisson, Somerset and Met.

True North: "yoink - oh, and we'll need a subsidy, thanks!".

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.