Nichols out for the year

Jpan85

12 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Making Any FG beyond 50 yards is a bonus.  It’s the marginal teams that rely on those...

I expect fgs around 35 yards to be made 90% of the time. Short of crazy weather. 40-45 yards 70% or more (the westwood career average for all fgs) beyond 45 yards?  Iike you said its a bonus. That water mark has certainly gone up in medlocks era. A lot. I would still take him over any kicker/punter in the league. 

Guys can kick it crazy hard these days. You can find guys who hit 80 yarders in practice. (no gear, long run up, no rush) Leg strength isnt an issue with kickers these days. Accuracy is becoming harder and harder to find. More athletes are becoming kickers and less players are dedicating them self to the craft of high level kicking and punting. Kicking and punting has a higher skill cap then ever, and medlock is among the best. I would ride or die with him till his leg falls off. 

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I expect fgs around 35 yards to be made 90% of the time. Short of crazy weather. 40-45 yards 70% or more (the westwood career average for all fgs) beyond 45 yards?  Iike you said its a bonus. That water mark has certainly gone up in medlocks era. A lot. I would still take him over any kicker/punter in the league. 

Guys can kick it crazy hard these days. You can find guys who hit 80 yarders in practice. (no gear, long run up, no rush) Leg strength isnt an issue with kickers these days. Accuracy is becoming harder and harder to find. More athletes are becoming kickers and less players are dedicating them self to the craft of high level kicking and punting. Kicking and punting has a higher skill cap then ever, and medlock is among the best. I would ride or die with him till his leg falls off. 

All that being said, if Meddy makes that kick in Montreal, they probably win the game. And then, many of these conversations here don't happen, and starting Alexander at Safety might not have happened (we have a 10 - 4 record with this safety, yadda, yadda, yadda).

Maybe all is well that ends well - TBD

26 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

All that being said, if Meddy makes that kick in Montreal, they probably win the game. And then, many of these conversations here don't happen, and starting Alexander at Safety might not have happened (we have a 10 - 4 record with this safety, yadda, yadda, yadda).

Maybe all is well that ends well - TBD

Yeah possibly. Though the way we were blowing the lead in that 4th quarter Im not sure any lead was safe.